Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings All,

I didn't do much research on this car but when I saw it on the Kia Website (I've been looking for a new car) I said to myself that I have found my very first new car. I chose the color red hence my user name :D and since I think imho red matches this car, well why not :D. I've been driving this car for about a week and a half now and I must say that I am very impressed. It's every thing I imagined and more. I bought the SX model and loving it!
Most of my used cars were 4drs. and as a kid I always wanted a sporty 2dr.
Now at age 56 :)D yes I'm that old,lol) my dreams came true. I decided to go with the automatic tranny since I'd rather listen to the sounds that came with the car. I know, I know, but at my age, my reflexes aren't what they used to be :D and since the island of Oahu is a small island, the auto tranny suites me just fine here :D especially when I'm stuck in traffic :D. So listening to some great sounds (I love the usb hook up with my memory stick) is a good way to pass the time in traffic.
Some of my co-workers say I may be going through a midlife crisis? Maybe perhaps but I'm having one hell of a time enjoying my new car,lol:D.
*I maybe old but I refuse to grow old* Best Regards and Aloha :D

·
Registered
644 Posts
Jeez I am very sorry that you had to suffer with 4 doors for so long, but I hope you enjoy your new koup ;) With the wonderful views driving around Hawaii I'm sure you will :)

·
Registered
587 Posts
Welcome :)

Congrats on your new ride.

Aloha :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the warm welcome and I know I will enjoy myself here and will be learning a lot from experts like you folks. Mahalo (thank you) and best regards.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Good choice! I always have a big smile when I am behind the wheel of mine...its been a great decision that I took. Maybe I will get a chance to see your ride when I come visiting later this year. Cheers!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Howzit RacingRed! Nice to see another local guy on the forum... I was born and raised in Kailua, but moved to SoCal in 2008 w/ my gf. Haven't been back home since December 2008 and I'm getting kind of homesick.

Hope you have fun with your car! This forum is a great resource for everything Forte.

On a side note, did you have a good experience at Aloha Kia? Are they the only dealership on the island? We plan on moving back in 2012/2013 and I wasn't sure what the local dealership was like. I've had bad experiences here in California and I'm hoping the Aloha Kia guys are nice.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you again for the warm reception and greetings.:D
@ san2dee, You just might see me on the street with a color like racing red, it's hard not to notice,lol.
@ davini, no bad experience at the Waipahu Kia, when your in the area check in on Dean, he helped me with all the necessary paper work. No pushing, shoving, nagging and so on. Just friendly chat and happy to answer any questions you might have and if he doesn't know, he will find out right away for you. No hassles and no double talk here. If your mechanically incline, he will say no more because he knows you know more than he does.:D
I must say buying my first new car was a pleasant experience. Mahalo :D

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
Aloha and welcome to the community young one ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts