Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, my name is Craig, I recently purchased a 2010 Kia Cerato Koup (Which is what a Forte is called in Australia). I have sourced a double din facia kit and replaced the factory head unit. I have also sourced a PAC SWI Jack, and wired it to the factory steering wheel controls to maintain full functionality.

I have plenty of more audio upgrade mods planned... just have to find time for installation! :D

Let me know what you guys think!

Also Added an Optima D34 Yellow top battery for when the rest of the gear goes in! :D

·
Registered
696 Posts
Dude that looks sweet! Where did you find the facia piece? Definitely wanting to do this soon!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Very nice!!!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Where did you get your kit?

·
Registered
318 Posts
its for the auto climate. not the manual climate =[ does it still have the sat radio? looks very clean man im wanting to do the same but have to wait for the manual climate dash kit

·
Registered
407 Posts
I have auto climate, I really need to know where you got the kit.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am actually not sure what brand the kit is. I sourced it from my local supplier who imports various facia kits from around the world from companies like Metra etc. It was the best facia kit I have ever seen, matching OEM quality in every single way. I can confirm some product details and get back to you guys!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
if red top doesn't have one that will fit then go to XS Power and they have batteries in all sizes.

·
Registered
318 Posts
the yellow top is a step up from the red. yellow is the best of the red and blue tops. its like a deep cycle that can be charged all the time. but i will stick with my red tops

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
hmm. ok. i guess i remebered wrong. at least it's not a blue top. :p marine. :p but i still personally recommand xs. or if you can make one fit, get a C&D technologies.

·
Registered
318 Posts
theres a battery called shuriken pretty good. not so pretty but nice. kinda like kinetic. buddy of mine has 3 of them one for starting and 2 for the system in the back. works good but i like my optima so i am staying with those

·
Registered
18 Posts
Looks amazing mate..nice 1

Can you supply details of the company you bought the facia kit from please ??

Wanting to replace stock audio system, and this looks perfect.

Also did you fit yourself ??

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I am also interested! Can u go over costs for parts and installation plz? Have holidays coming up that this can be apart of :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yeah that's real nice, made me excited! Exactly what I'm looking for, hopefully the head unit still has Sirius ability.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
does this even work with the ipod/usb hookup or does the head unit have its own?

It does not function with the factory USB and AUX IN port. The Alpine unit has its own. It would be possible, although difficult, to create a patch harness to plug from the Alpine's AUX IN and USB to the vehicles. I elected not to bother with that because I predominantly use my ipod, and hated sitting it in the tray in front of my shifter. I decided to run the USB/Ipod cable to my glovebox so my ipod is hidden away.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Looks amazing mate..nice 1

Can you supply details of the company you bought the facia kit from please ??

Wanting to replace stock audio system, and this looks perfect.

Also did you fit yourself ??
I am not sure how relevant the info regarding my supplier is as I don't know how many people on here are from Australia.

And Yes I did the installation myself as I am an Audio fitter by trade.

The wiring was extremely straight forward as the harness that plugs into the factory head unit is an ISO harness which is very common amongst most european cars (vw's, mercs, bmw's, etc.). So adaptor harnesses are readily available.

I have a few more accessories that I plan to install hopefully this weekend, with some more pictures to follow. :cool:

1 - 20 of 69 Posts