Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
4,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I going crazy? Bumper - Kia part # 87551-3K000

$83.00!!! $45.01 for a TINY rubber bumper?!?! PLUS $37.99 Shipping...:unsure:

87551-3K000 | eBay

·
Registered
'21 GT Manual
108 Posts
Reactions: mobileterminaluser

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
4,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow that's a lot of mark-up. I would order it straight from Hyundai.
0.11 cents... Mark-up? Highway robbery perhaps...lol!

Reactions: Chevrasaki

·
Registered
2020 Cerato GT
631 Posts
Am I going crazy? Bumper - Kia part # 87551-3K000

$83.00!!! $45.01 for a TINY rubber bumper?!?! PLUS $37.99 Shipping...:unsure:

87551-3K000 | eBay
Welcome to what we have to deal with in Australia. Parts are cheap as chips overseas, but then shipping is either equal to or greater than the price of the part a lot of times. Especially if the seller ships via courier only. Damn international shipping.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Welcome to what we have to deal with in Australia. Parts are cheap as chips overseas, but then shipping is either equal to or greater than the price of the part a lot of times. Especially if the seller ships via courier only. Damn international shipping.
Gotta pay to play! 🤑

·
Registered
24 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Can’t find the part at a salvage yard? Lots of other vehicles have the exact rubber bumper that will fit. How did you lose the original part?
While drying my Wife's Optima after washing it one of the bumpers came off and bounced into the grass - couldn't find the @##% thing so I was looking up the part number...and couldn't believe the prices on ebay!!!! :oops:

Reactions: Smooth1

·
Registered
468 Posts
While drying my Wife's Optima after washing it one of the bumpers came off and bounced into the grass - couldn't find the @##% thing so I was looking up the part number...and couldn't believe the prices on ebay!!!! :oops:
Pricey for a little chunk of rubber! Can’t just browse around a salvage yard...and oops a small piece of rubber bounced into my pocket... how did that happen? 🤫

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pricey for a little chunk of rubber! Can’t just browse around a salvage yard...and oops a small piece of rubber bounced into my pocket... how did that happen? 🤫
Never! I don't do that...
However, sometimes I find them suddenly in my tool box...:)

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
off topic...back when dinosaurs roamed and I used to frequent wrecking yards for parts I found that certain "A" body GM cars had "pockets" in the sides of the seats where lost coins used to collect - it was hidden from most car owners. I used to collect so much "coinage" that I would use it to pay for my picked salvaged parts...lol!

Most of the time the cashier knew what I was doing...:devilish:

·
Registered
468 Posts
off topic...back when dinosaurs roamed and I used to frequent wrecking yards for parts I found that certain "A" body GM cars had "pockets" in the sides of the seats where lost coins used to collect - it was hidden from most car owners. I used to collect so much "coinage" that I would use it to pay for my picked salvaged parts...lol!

Most of the time the cashier knew what I was doing...:devilish:
Find any illegal substances mixed in with the change? Police sometimes overlook the obvious places to stash certain substances. Team Green.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Find any illegal substances mixed in with the change? Police sometimes overlook the obvious places to stash certain substances. Team Green.
No. Sometimes tools and keys...lots of keys.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
LOL! Small tools - one time I found a full set set of small wrenches - little tiny wrenches.

Reactions: Smooth1

·
Registered
468 Posts
LOL! Small tools - one time I found a full set set of small wrenches - little tiny wrenches.
I’m I in a alternate universe? Car ahead of me today was driving like she was in the Army, you know Left, Right, Left, Right, then the car crossed the centre line and into oncoming traffic for 300 ft. then abruptly swerves back into her own lane. Caught up to the car(early 2000 Ford Fusion) pulled up beside the woman driving and made eye contact with her, she turned and looked at me laughing with a cell phone in her hand, pulled in behind her to take her tag number down; then she brake checks me. Now I’m becoming cheesed off, I pulled up beside her again and she’s still on her phone laughing at me again, I rolled my window down and yelled at her to put down the phone before she kills someone; she puts the phone down; but it’s too late for her now…the police drove past and witnessed her on it. Police did a 180 and pulled her over after mile of trying to get her to stop, now I’m behind the police stopped and ask the police officer to come to me to converse with me, explained what just happened 3 miles back and how she thought it was a big joke crossing into oncoming traffic. That’s when he told me that she is going to jail and not to worry…she’s done this 6 times in the past 4 months and she has no points left on her license! Turns out she’s not even supposed to be driving! Well now she’s going to be going to jail for 7-9 months. What possess people to keep driving with a phone in their hand? Here in Ontario it’s a $873 dollar fine for using a cell phone while driving, wouldn’t you think that after the first fine you learned your lesson? Obviously this woman’s from a alternate universe!

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What a nut-case that woman is!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just received a call from the local PD on my landline, the arresting officer wants to talk to me in detail about the incident, and get the dashboard video for prosecuting her in court. I’ll post tomorrow and update.
Sounds like a Karen from the 6. I don't miss driving in that province everyday.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts