Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting my amp and sub installed next week and wanted to have dynamat or something similar installed also.

How much would I need to cover the entire trunk? The bulk pack of dynamat xtreme says its 36 sq feet and most reviews say it covers the entire trunk just fine, but I haven't seen a Kia Forte sedan mentioned.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
you doing the entire trunk? Lid and everything? Have you removed all the carpet already?
You will have to do that anyway. Measure the sq Ft, of your carpet. You have to cut it and put it together. If you plan on your entire trunk, look at 5 rolls, inch by inch. I would get the bass, find what rattles, and then dynamat or ROADKILL.

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Getting my amp and sub installed next week and wanted to have dynamat or something similar installed also.

How much would I need to cover the entire trunk? The bulk pack of dynamat xtreme says its 36 sq feet and most reviews say it covers the entire trunk just fine, but I haven't seen a Kia Forte sedan mentioned.

Thanks
What is you purpose for dynamatting the trunk? Rattle suppression? Energy harnessing?

If you just want to prevent your trunk lid from farting.. you dont need much ... at least I didn't for two 10's and 1000wrms. The trunk lid probably needs around 10-12 sqft at the most to get the interior and ribs covered very well.

as for the interior of the trunk.. the out panels are actually the biggest issue and they need really only about 3 sqft each. then the trunk walls/opening to the back seat need maybe another 6sq ft. The base of the trunk is actually quite solid and didnt need much.

you can see my amount of coverage here:

Forte Build Log - a set on Flickr

The biggest issue isn't the trunk, rather it's the back deck plastic.

a roll of weather stripping and about 6-8 lbs of duct seal clay will help tame the worst rattle.

D

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
easy?

It's not quite easy...I'll try to describe it from memory

1. remove rear seat pad (two bolt behind bottom cushion
2. remove rear door sills (pull off)
3. remove rear seat side trim (few screws)
4. remove trim around opening to trunk (plastic "trees" and possibly screws)
5. pull rubber door seal away but leave connected to middle pillar
6. remove rear upper airbag trim (one bolt in each) pull up and out.
7. jam hands under rear deck trim and push upwards

1 - 5 of 5 Posts