Civic Killer· Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone who has installed an after market amplifier is experiencing there amps overheating and shutting down. Im doing a little research for a guy i know who has a koup sx who wanted more power for his audio. He had an amp and speakers installed ( dont know how things were wired, but suspect something sketchy) at best buy and his complaint is that the amp will overheat and shut off creating a "stock" sound. He says that it gets so hot that you will literally burn your hand if you touch it. The radio will be off and this problem still occurs. If anyone has any ideas to what the problem may be it would be greatly appreciated for any input. btw.... best buy has replaced the amp several times and speakers. They are blown away and cant seem to figure it out.