Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving home from work tonight mindin my own business and an RX-8 pulls up next to me actin like a badass and everything, you know, goin 40 in a 35, makin a bunch of noise. The usual. (I must admit though, his exhaust was not stock and sounded excellent. Real deep and rich.) Anyways after a few minutes of him actin a fool a decided to go ahead and humor him so I dropped it in second, gave it a little gas, and pulled away for a few seconds and had to slow down to make my turn. As he passes me up again he's givin me the finger and yelling something about my "pu$$y ass civic". *Chuckle*

End of story

·
Registered
519 Posts
I had something similar happen to me but it was a lancer. He came flyin up behind me on the express way in the far left lane. (mind you i was already going 65 in a 55) and i couldnt get over because there were cars next to me so i speed up more so i can get over because this douche is flashin his lights on and off and flashing his hi beams so i finally get over and he gave me the finger....

so i speed up got infront of him and went exactly the speed limit as the cars around me so he had no where to go... oopppsss HAHA

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
I had a good example of acting a fool yesterday on my way in to work. Older Chrysler 300M, body panels all beat to hell, missing a side mirror. This jackass was more than 300 yards out, the speed limit was 50. I pulled out of the gas station with plenty of room, even if SHE was doing 10 over. I have really good depth perception to speed after playing softball through college. She decided that the road was not for sharing, so she SPED UP to catch up behind me as if to prove a point that she thought I pulled out in front of her. It was a 5 lane road, and I was doing 55 by the time she reached me. She continued to speed up, passed me in the free lane, cut me off and slammed on her brakes. Again with the depth perception, I didn't have enough time to slow down from my now 62, so I cut over to the other lane. At that point the speed limit dropped to 45, and she continued on, I'd guess doing 75.

If the condition of her car was any indication, I suspect the law will catch up with her eventually. I was tempted to report her as a drunk driver just to get the fuzz watching for her. <evil grin>

·
Registered
346 Posts
I noticed something interesting when I bought my first Hyundai (an Elantra GT) and now with my Forte SX. A lot of people still look at anything made by Hyundai or Kia as a piece of shit. These ignorant people have no clue that our cars are pretty damn good. My Elantra was pretty heavily modified and could out handle many expensive cars like BMW's and man... those guys got pissed when they couldn't keep up with me on a windy road. With the Kia it seems like people get pissed when they get passed by me. I think it's funny actually.

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
Trust me, the Mazda RX-8 doesn't like that douche any more than you like him. The Mazda probably goes home at night terrified that the next day the driver is gonna beat the sh*t out of the it. Poor RX-8 :(

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
the other day i was driving during rush hour in the tampa bay area. i was going in a 55mph zone and you know people dont do that. so this dude in a dodge truck, decided to keep on tailgating me on and off. the car in the left lane was going 55 and so is the car in front of me. so i downshifted in my sports mode and hit 70mph and passed the car in the left and right. and he hit like 80 or something and passed me.. and i think he flicked me off. so i blared my horn. im like dude i dont have a turbo yet. geez

·
Registered
227 Posts
well i have a story but it isn't mine...

a friend of mine, some guy passed him and gave him the finger...so my friend sped up went right in front of the car..then the lanes became one...so my friend drove 5mph and gave him the finger back..i felt bad for the other cars behind him, but when he told me that i just couldn't help but laugh

·
Registered
135 Posts
what a fool he is giving u the finger. I would of turned around and went after him pass him up pull the ebrake in front of him and get out of my car and punched him in his pussy face lol

·
Registered
916 Posts
Last Fri. A guy in a ford focus zx3 were on a two lane on ramp, he's on the outside and I'm always a fairly quick freeway entrance, he was keeping pace so I gave it some gas and pulled away from him, so on the freeway he's behind me and I'm going 70 in a 60, I figure wants to pass so I merge into right lane real quick slowin down to62 and he he just drives side by side, my mirrored windows he couldn't see in so he pulls off and I merge left lane to assume my previous speed and he stays 60, then passes a couple cars and moves into the right lane and takes exit with his hand out the window flipping me the bird, I laughed and hope he saw it, I guess I'd be mad at the world I drove a ford too ;)

Some people are asses though, I thought it was all good til I seen him flip me off, and I'm guessing he thought he'd zip right around a Kia until he realized they got balls.

·
Registered
26 Posts
What bothers me the most about horrible drivers is that you just know they go home and tell their whole family how they met a stupid driver on the road, and they twist the story to make it seem as if they were in the right. They're not making it up either, the worst part is that they actually believe they were doing the right thing by slowing down to 60km/h in the left lane, turning their signal on and switching by all three lanes to take the exit that they almost missed because they weren't paying attention while eating a doughnut and talking on their cellphone.

·
Registered
916 Posts
True,true, I've met and work with people like that who just totally flip out, flip off and yell at other drivers even when it was there mistake, my coworker gave me a rude once when my old car was down and he was actin crazy at an old lady, yea it was her turn to go but chill, it ain't that serious!... Lol

·
Registered
69 Posts
I dragged a stock rx-8 in my koup sx with cai and cat back, and he couldn't take me! Ha

·
Registered
973 Posts
saturday night I was taking my friend home and the rx8 in front of me slowed down drastically when I got close to me, and proceeded to turn on his flashers and wave at me to pass him. Figured he wanted to race me so I didn't do anything lol. turned right when he turned left. After I dropped my friend off I drove back that way and saw a car sticking out into the road with a truck and a bunch of ******** gathered around it. The RX8 had it's rear end stuck in a gravel ditch and couldn't move (who knows how he ended up in there. LOL

and speaking of haters, going to the school drag races this Sunday to cause a few more upsets, will let you all know of how it goes down LOL

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Ok, got an actual positive story here!!
About 3 months ago, I'm speedin on the highway dodging many a slow, unsteady driver. Everyone wants to do everything in their car BUT DRIVE. So I start passing everyone, and I see this Altima Coupe doing exactly what I'm doing a bit ahead of me. I see he's got clear paths, so I follow him. You now have these two coupes dashing through slow as hell traffic goin 80 or so for numerous miles, it was quite a show. I felt like I was back in Sicily, tearing up the roads! When I pull up next to him as he's getting off the exit ramp, we both smile and nod to each other. It should always be like that, respect. So sad so many fools still have yet to realize this.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ok, got an actual positive story here!!
About 3 months ago, I'm speedin on the highway dodging many a slow, unsteady driver. Everyone wants to do everything in their car BUT DRIVE. So I start passing everyone, and I see this Altima Coupe doing exactly what I'm doing a bit ahead of me. I see he's got clear paths, so I follow him. You now have these two coupes dashing through slow as hell traffic goin 80 or so for numerous miles, it was quite a show. I felt like I was back in Sicily, tearing up the roads! When I pull up next to him as he's getting off the exit ramp, we both smile and nod to each other. It should always be like that, respect. So sad so many fools still have yet to realize this.
love that story!! yea, i love following behind people who drive fast in unreasonably slow traffic. ...though one time i did that, and we both got pulled by the cops and got tickets... :(

good story nonetheless! :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.