Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed a HID kit, and when all lights are off and i flash the lights, HID lights also come on? is that normal?

And secondly, when i turn my HID's on (turn the end of the light stalk two clicks, one of the two bulbs closest to the grill stays on) is there any way of turning them off so only HID's are running?

Think here in South Africa we have a different set up...
Any help would be appreciated...

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Do you have 2 bulbs in the light closest to the grill?

·
Registered
825 Posts
I think it is normal to have the HID come on with you use the Flash feature on your car. If I recall mine lights came on whenever I flashed.

Not sure about the other issue you are having. Good luck with this.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@mog320 Thought it normal to come on also, but probably not good for the HID's to be flashed like that?

@FEARtheFOX - Yip 2 bulbs in the "Housing" closest to the grill. Just above and to the right of the one that is on is the HI beams...

If i'm correct in the states, your HI beam acts as a park light aswell, so guessing you only have 1 bulb in that section of the headlight?

You can imagine really doesn't look to good with a half white, half yellow headlight. especially at night :)

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Yes our High beam light is our DRL/Park light in North America. You might have to find a way to disable these or just pull the bulb out. ;) not sure if the car will like that though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.