Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
If you have a regular patch cable I would use that to check to see if the audio comes out of both. If it does then its the Ipod cable if not then its possible but highly unlikely your ipod.

Hope this helps and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
If you have a regular patch cable I would use that to check to see if the audio comes out of both. If it does then its the Ipod cable if not then its possible but highly unlikely your ipod.

Hope this helps and welcome to the forum.
Tried it using the regular USB cable (that we all know shows up as jibberish). So now I guess it's either a problem with the cable or the aux input. It just seems odd because the cable I bought was brand new, and it is the proper cable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now that I take a closer look, it seems that it isn't an OEM cable. I guess I probably got ripped off. :mad:

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
^ That was my thought as soon as you said you bought it on ebay.
I normally use my USB Drive, but when I use my iphone, I just use a cable I bought at Wal-mart for like $3, works great.
Does the OEM ipod/iphone cable charge the accessory as well?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Now that I take a closer look, it seems that it isn't an OEM cable. I guess I probably got ripped off. :mad:
That shouldn't be an issue. I bought my cable off of eBay too.

^ That was my thought as soon as you said you bought it on ebay.
I normally use my USB Drive, but when I use my iphone, I just use a cable I bought at Wal-mart for like $3, works great.
Does the OEM ipod/iphone cable charge the accessory as well?
The cable i use does in fact charge my iPod. I've used it on my 60gb iPod video, my 8gb nano and my gf's 8gb nano as well. Just about the only issues I've had was when I first connected it wouldn't recognize them. I would disconnect, power down, power up and reconnect and that works.

In conclusion, it sounds like a problem with the cable. Try contacting the seller and see if they will replace. You may have to pay shipping, but if you're polite, and they are reputable, you may not have to.

Good luck!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts