IMG_0229.JPG

IMG_0228.JPG

aFe Takeda Stage 2 Intake Installed:
Takeda Intake 2.jpg

Paddle Shifter Extensions Installed:
IMG_0267.JPG

SXTH Element Intercooler Installed:
Bumper Impact Bar 2.jpg

SXHT Element Cold Pipe Installed (part of intercooler kit)
Cold Pipe Installed.jpg

Velossa Tech Big Mouth Intake Installed:

New Addition Velossa Tech Big Mouth Intake.jpg

Evilla Motorsports Axle-back sport exhaust

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I know Kia hates Forte GT owners...why else would they choose a wheel that takes as much time to wash and dry ONE wheel as it takes to wash and dry the entire car!!! LOL!

·
Registered
356 Posts
I just got a 2021 Forte EX. Assuming the headlights are the same on the GT -halogen bulbs- do they cast enough light? I only drove mine once at night and it seemed to be lacking even on high beam.
Dude, you started your own thread on this already (Headlights on 2021 Forte EX seem to lack brightness). Don't hijack other people's post.
Secondly, the GT has LED headlights so very different.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just got a 2021 Forte EX. Assuming the headlights are the same on the GT -halogen bulbs- do they cast enough light? I only drove mine once at night and it seemed to be lacking even on high beam.
Your question made me realize I have yet to drive my Forte GT at night - no kidding! They are LED headlights and are quite bright but I honestly can't answer your question...yet!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Your question made me realize I have yet to drive my Forte GT at night - no kidding! They are LED headlights and are quite bright but I honestly can't answer your question...yet!
Probably no issue with LED headlights. Mine are called 'projector headlights'.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looks good, I have a 2020 GT with a cold air intake, sxth hot pipe and just installed a lap3 protuner. It is addictive! The protuner definitely woke the car up.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Looks good, I have a 2020 GT with a cold air intake, sxth hot pipe and just installed a lap3 protuner. It is addictive! The protuner definitely woke the car up.
Addictive? I'll say it is...it takes a lot of will-power to NOT put your foot to the floor every time you drive it to feel the acceleration!

2020CLEGT - Post some pictures of your GT!

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I received a Kia powered mirror with homelink, auto-dim, and compass...next project!

Now waiting for warm weather.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Installed:

Mirror Installed and working.JPG

The Kia instructions are very good - took me two hours because I took my time and followed the instructions step by step.

The instructions show 5 retainers but there are six - one black one that is below the white label:

IMG_0290.JPG

The kit comes with 3 extra foam strips - I used two to protect the wiring where the wiring goes into/under the dash and another one on the wire behind the junction box to protect it.

IMG_0289.JPG

·
Registered
356 Posts
Hey ForteSX2.4, how is the hot pipe? Does it make any difference and is it an easy install? I was looking at it the other day and wondering about it...

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey ForteSX2.4, how is the hot pipe? Does it make any difference and is it an easy install? I was looking at it the other day and wondering about it...
Take a look at the factory hot-pipe set up and you can see why the SXTH Element hot-pipe is an improvement! Larger diameter pipe and it removes the "muffler" too. There is no doubt that airflow is increased. I'd like to get their intercooler but I don't really want to take off the front bumper... It was an easy install. It's your hobby...so get to it!

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Got the Evilla Motorsports axle-back exhaust installed. Nice performance sound!

The resonator is free-flowing:
IMG_0343.JPG

Looking in the front of resonator:
IMG_0344.JPG

Looking in the side of the resonator:
IMG_0345.JPG

Comparison of factory exhaust and Evilla Motorsport's exhaust:
IMG_0347.JPG

Installed (on ramps still):
IMG_0350.JPG

See if this works (thanks to Acura Kai):
Cold start to idle
Evilla Sound MPEG.mpeg (dropbox.com)

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I made a sound clip but when I try to load it it says the file is too large. Any ideas?

·
Registered
356 Posts
I made a sound clip but when I try to load it it says the file is too large. Any ideas?
You can download and use one of those video convertors that will compress the video. Otherwise if you can change the settings on the phone itself and re-record the video again.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts