Kia Forte Forum banner

21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Readjusted phone and see if this works...nope. I changed it to MP4 (size - 3.77 MB)...won't accept wmv file (size - 4.19 MB)...won't accept MOV file (size - 21.6 MB) either. What are the allowed extensions?

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
MPEG (3.76 MB) file not working either.
This is what I get with all of them:
"The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension."

·
Registered
351 Posts
MPEG (3.76 MB) file not working either.
This is what I get with all of them:
"The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension."
I think this forum only allows for pictures, not media files. You'll have to resort to uploading it to YouTube (or some sort of cloud storage site) and putting a link to that.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Next Project...NOT looking forward to removing the front bumper/fascia, but sometimes you have to do what you don't want to do...LOL!

SXTH IC.JPG

I like that SXTH Element lets you choose if you want the "SXTH" stenciled on the Intercooler. The two cardboard pieces with the letters pre-cut were used to protect the IC fins in shipping...nice touch!

·
Registered
351 Posts
Next Project...NOT looking forward to removing the front bumper/fascia, but sometimes you have to do what you don't want to do...LOL!

I like that SXTH Element lets you choose if you want the "SXTH" stenciled on the Intercooler. The two cardboard pieces with the letters pre-cut were used to protect the IC fins in shipping...nice touch!
Lol. Most of my DIY mods are based on how much time and effort needs to go into installing it. Too much and I put it aside to the 'maybe in another life time' pile.
Good luck!

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Mechanicals done...SXTH intercooler installed. Engine running with no issues:

Mechanicallly Sound.jpg

Waiting on a Velossa Tech Big mouth intake before reinstalling the Bumper/Fascia.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Mechanicals done...SXTH intercooler installed. Engine running with no issues:

Waiting on a Velossa Tech Big mouth intake before reinstalling the Bumper/Fascia.
Lol. I was going to advise that you install a big mouth since you have the bumper removed, but you were planning that anyway. Good work!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Installed:

View attachment 81335

The Kia instructions are very good - took me two hours because I took my time and followed the instructions step by step.

The instructions show 5 retainers but there are six - one black one that is below the white label:

View attachment 81336

The kit comes with 3 extra foam strips - I used two to protect the wiring where the wiring goes into/under the dash and another one on the wire behind the junction box to protect it.

View attachment 81337
Would you mind posting the instructions as I've looked everywhere and I want to see if it's something I'm comfortable doing.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I like the exhaust sound but I feel like I just need to hear it in person to pull the trigger on buying a setup. I'm just too darn picky.

Would you mind posting the instructions as I've looked everywhere and I want to see if it's something I'm comfortable doing.
He just posted a sort of write up here. Lots of good tips!
SXTH Intercooler Vs Factory Intercooler

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I like the exhaust sound but I feel like I just need to hear it in person to pull the trigger on buying a setup. I'm just too darn picky.
I know what you mean...so many choices.
The Evilla motorsports axle-back will not disappoint. I have the sport resonator (you can get no muffler, resonator, or a muffler) and it is QUIET while cruising. It is only really loud when you accelerate hard. It is exactly what I wanted.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I'll post the mirror instructions on a separate post soon.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Still waiting on the Velossa Tech Big Mouth Intake! Supposed to ship tomorrow.
If you are going to order a Big Mouth Intake be aware that it may take up to 13 days before it gets shipped.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Just installed the latest gizmo: The Velossa Tech Big Mouth Intake.

I'm now a PRO at removing the front bumper/fascia!

New Addition Velossa Tech Big Mouth Intake.jpg

I chose black on black so it won't show through the grille:

Where is the big Mouth Intake.jpg

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Coming soon: Evilla Motorsports mid-pipe exhaust with Magnaflow resonator.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Just installed the latest gizmo: The Velossa Tech Big Mouth Intake.

I'm now a PRO at removing the front bumper/fascia!

I chose black on black so it won't show through the grille:
Looks good! I ordered a black on black one as well. I was thinking of painting the radiator black when I have the bumper off.

21 - 40 of 70 Posts