Kia Forte Forum banner

41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Looks good! I ordered a black on black one as well. I was thinking of painting the radiator black when I have the bumper off.
Black radiators kind of "disappear" when you paint them black - can't see them behind the grille that way. I think it will go with your dark theme on your car.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 · (Edited)
Chrome bling off ebay...

Bling 1.jpg

A little too bright for the black chrome grille - but heck, now you can tell it has fog lights...lol!

...and now the front matches the rear with chrome circles...lol!

RedForte GT 3.jpg

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
What’s with the GT badge on the passenger door? Did you do that or is that factory? Anyhow I’m following this thread now. I didn’t see if you installed a CAI. Have you pulled the trigger on a piggy back yet?
A few weeks ago I was carrying 2 GT emblems, tripped twice, and accidentally affixed the emblem(s) to the door(s)...:devilish:

Page one third picture shows my aFe Takeda Stage 2 intake...I recommend.

I just change parts for now - I don't like messing with car computers while under warranty. The local service department likes it that way too...in fact they like it when I show them the new stuff I added.

·
Registered
41 Posts
A few weeks ago I was carrying 2 GT emblems, tripped twice, and accidentally affixed the emblem(s) to the door(s)...:devilish:

Page one third picture shows my aFe Takeda Stage 2 intake...I recommend.

I just change parts for now - I don't like messing with car computers while under warranty. The local service department likes it that way too...in fact they like it when I show them the new stuff I added.
Does that intake seal to the hood? I’ve heard there is a small gap from the box to the hood. So it pulls in the hot air?

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Does that intake seal to the hood? I’ve heard there is a small gap from the box to the hood. So it pulls in the hot air?
Correct, it does not seal fully against the hood. I wouldn't want it to! Because then it would leave a mark on the hood insulator.

My IATs (Intake Air Temperature) readings are NO different then factory readings!

One has to remember that regardless of what intake you use the Turbocharger heats up the intake air further and the intercooler cools it.

As long as the IATs are the same the increase in air flow capability increases power.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
I've Joined the Oil Catch Can crowd...

Thanks to member Olszewski for technical information and member Arith for oil removal information!

Made my own holding bracket - SXTH Element universal oil catch can and red anodized 5/8" hose clamps from Summit Racing.

SXTH Oil Catch Can.jpg

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Thanks to Olszewski finding new aftermarket parts for our Fortes:
Newest upgrade in work - R1Concepts drilled and slotted brake rotors, brake pads, and soon to be red calipers:

LEFT

RIGHT

REST OF CALIPERS

I'm using brush-on POR-15 Red Caliper paint - first coat requires 3-4 hours to dry then the second coat will require 24 hours to dry before reassembly!

Concentrating on Front brakes, rears will be next once I acquire the special tool for the rear calipers.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Thanks to Olszewski finding new aftermarket parts for our Fortes:
Newest upgrade in work - R1Concepts drilled and slotted brake rotors, brake pads, and soon to be red calipers:

LEFT
View attachment 82838
RIGHT
View attachment 82839
REST OF CALIPERS
View attachment 82840

I'm using brush-on POR-15 Red Caliper paint - first coat requires 3-4 hours to dry then the second coat will require 24 hours to dry before reassembly!

Concentrating on Front brakes, rears will be next once I acquire the special tool for the rear calipers.
Large needle nose pliers work well. It just turns the piston while pushing it in. I 've done a few 90's model mustangs of this caliper type. Surprised to see them on the Forte.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Large needle nose pliers work well. It just turns the piston while pushing it in. I 've done a few 90's model mustangs of this caliper type. Surprised to see them on the Forte.
May just try that after "playing" with the front brakes...

·
Registered
2010 Kia Forte Koup SX 2.4L 6MT Theta 2, Titanium silver metallic.
826 Posts
Bummer, just looked at R1 concepts website. They don't sell for 2010 thru 2013 Fortes & Forte koups.

41 - 60 of 70 Posts