Kia Forte Forum banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Rears are done - I decided NOT to paint the rear calipers...didn't want to wait another day to let the paint dry...

Rt Rr Brakes.jpg

Compared to the front brakes the rear brakes are a PITA!!! Why? Because the emergency brake cable assembly you have to disconnect and then reconnect!
Lt Rr Brakes.jpg

·
Registered
481 Posts
Rears are done - I decided NOT to paint the rear calipers...didn't want to wait another day to let the paint dry...

Compared to the front brakes the rear brakes are a PITA!!! Why? Because the emergency brake cable assembly you have to disconnect and then reconnect!
View attachment 82864
You mean for painting? if spraypainting, yeah for sure, but for changing pads and discs, definitely no need. I see small differences to the 2nd generation. The bracket to hold the two pads are not there in the 2nd gen. Rest looks quite the same. (I'm just comparing these, because 1st generation has drums for the handbrake).

Reactions: ForteSX2.4

·
Registered
2020 Forte GT 1.6 Turbo
19 Posts
Got the Evilla Motorsports axle-back exhaust installed. Nice performance sound!

The resonator is free-flowing:
View attachment 81695
Looking in the front of resonator:
View attachment 81696
Looking in the side of the resonator:
View attachment 81697

Comparison of factory exhaust and Evilla Motorsport's exhaust:
View attachment 81698

Installed (on ramps still):
View attachment 81699

See if this works (thanks to Acura Kai):
Cold start to idle
Evilla Sound MPEG.mpeg (dropbox.com)
I am not crazy about the look of the exhaust tips. The factory ones look better. Or they should have done quad tips like the k5 GT's.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
I like them. Supposedly they are in-work on a quad tip, but I haven't heard anything more.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey @ForteSX2.4 , I see you have some sort of extenders on your "flappy paddles". Where would one acquire these? I love the manual mode with a DCT, but the paddles are comical in size, I don't hold the wheel in a way that makes them easy to reach, and the directions on the shift lever are backwards, which infuriates me to an unreasonable degree.

61 - 70 of 70 Posts