Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Found this on-line at Sportwing:

Looks similar to the Kia factory 4-dr spoiler with brake light and a little taller.

Appears to fit the deck lid properly -- the 4-dr factory spoiler is too wide for the Koup.

2010 KIA Forte 2 Door Custom Style Rear Deck Spoiler with Light by Sportwing.com

Factory Kia Spoiler on Sedan, New SportWing Spoiler on Koup:

http://www.kia-forums.com/gallery/im...edan_rears.jpg
http://www.kia-forums.com/gallery/im...n_and_Koup.jpg
http://www.kia-forums.com/gallery/im...m_the_side.jpg
http://www.kia-forums.com/gallery/im...es_on_Koup.jpg

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ordered one of these spoilers this morning...$165 painted and shipped. Expect it in a week -- getting painted HO tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is this the one on the Kia race car? The blue/green one that's in the US Kia headquarters.
I do believe the spoilers on the Koup racecars are the Kia 4-door sedan spoilers. In the close up photos of the racecars you can see that the spoiler extends over the quarter panels and don't fit flush on the decklid.

These spoilers do look similar to the Kia 4-dr spoiler...appear to be taller though. I'll know for sure soon.

·
Registered
436 Posts
If manufacturers were smart, they'd give more attention to lip spoilers for the Koup. Lip spoilers make a car like this look longer and lower, where a 'Easter basket handle" style like above actually makes the car look short and stumpy.

Patiently waiting for a locally-sold lip spoiler that doesn't have the brand glued to the back of the lip.

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
If manufacturers were smart, they'd give more attention to lip spoilers for the Koup. Lip spoilers make a car like this look longer and lower, where a 'Easter basket handle" style like above actually makes the car look short and stumpy.

Patiently waiting for a locally-sold lip spoiler that doesn't have the brand glued to the back of the lip.
I agree totally. I don't want to buy an aftermarket item with the company's name or logo on it (ex; Roadruns, Bright etc.).

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)

Smart, as in making money. They try to produce parts that sell...I see very few lip spoilers on cars, but a lot of wing spoilers are out there -- Why? Because the wing spoiler is the most popular, period!

Your assumption of what a spoiler does to the appearance of a car is your opinion -- not a fact. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I accept your opinion but not your description. I like to look in the rear view mirror and see the spoiler...not because I think that it's cool, but because I know where the rear of the car is...LoL

The top of my wife's sedan spoiler can just be seen in the mirror...it's nice to know where the rear of the car is when backing it up...

If you look at the curvature of this spoiler you should note that it matches the curvature of the bumper (albiet upside down) -- to me it looks like it is a good design that goes with the Koup's lines and shape. Seeing it in person will be the determining factor.

·
Registered
34 Posts

I just had the dealer put in the Kia manufactured lip spoiler on my SX...with no emblems. The dealer told me that it was the Koup's spoiler, but to be more specific I am sure that it is the spoiler for the SXR. Sorry for you Americans that do not have access to the SXR accessories yet from what I understand...hopefully you get the access sooner than later.

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just had the dealer put in the Kia manufactured lip spoiler on my SX...with no emblems. The dealer told me that it was the Koup's spoiler, but to be more specific I am sure that it is the spoiler for the SXR. Sorry for you Americans that do not have access to the SXR accessories yet from what I understand...hopefully you get the access sooner than later.
We can order them...It's just that I can buy this spoiler and the new Tekada intake when it starts shipping and take my wife out to dinner 4-times for the cost of an unpainted SXR spoiler...LoL!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
We can order them...It's just that I can buy this spoiler and the new Tekada intake when it starts shipping and take my wife out to dinner 4-times for the cost of an unpainted SXR spoiler...LoL!!!
Oh I quite understand...I actually don't know how much it costs let alone to have it painted and installed. It was one thing that I worked into my deal of buying it, since it was no mystery to me that it needed one. I had that and an installed remote starter worked into my deal...considering I am in Edmonton, haha!

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
204 Posts

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
how do you like the bright lip spoiler? im really interested in getting it! :)
I love it! It looks great on the car. The colour was a perfect match too. If you're a perfectionist, I wouldn't recommend getting it though. The spoiler is one smooth curve whereas the top of the trunk lid is a flat w shape so there are 2 small (unnoticable for the most part) areas where the spoiler doesn't make direct contact with the trunk lid. I'll attempt to take pictures of this tomorrow so you can see what I'm talking about. Aside from that I'm very happy with it and it's still my favorite of all the spoilers currently available.

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Are you gonna install it yourself? Please post pics as I would like to see the process. Still debating on holding off for a SXR knockoff lip spoiler. Thanks and good luck!!!
I'll be installing it myself. Pics depend on the clarity of the install instructions. If they're good enough I won't bother with install pics...if they're not I'll post pics.

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I love it! It looks great on the car. The colour was a perfect match too. If you're a perfectionist, I wouldn't recommend getting it though. The spoiler is one smooth curve whereas the top of the trunk lid is a flat w shape so there are 2 small (unnoticable for the most part) areas where the spoiler doesn't make direct contact with the trunk lid. I'll attempt to take pictures of this tomorrow so you can see what I'm talking about. Aside from that I'm very happy with it and it's still my favorite of all the spoilers currently available.
That's the reason I didn't like the lip spoiler idea -- the shape of the Koup's trunk lid -- a flattened "W" shape. This has been discussed in another thread.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts