Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was just a matter of time, I am on the fourth tire replacement on my Kia Koup. Good thing I purchased the tire/rim warranty. I noticed that my front right tire has a bubble on the sidewall. I will be at the dealer on Saturday getting it replaced. While it is nice to have the warranty, I am tired of fixing this problem.

Here is my question: do you think the stock tires are getting bubbles because they are of such poor quality. I know that a better brand tire offers better traction and longer tread life, but would it offer better resistance to getting bubbles on the sidewall?

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
My dealer told me that they dont cover side wall impact damage. Even if i didnt hit anything. I took it up to kia corp. I said they hell with there warrenty. Ever since that they i chabged all tires i put nitrous in my car. Blew a motor. Cut some wires lol warrenty out the window.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I've also blown a tire.. I'm going to be replacing all 4 tires in the spring, hoping to have better luck.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
What is everyone getting as "factory" tires? I have a nice Goodyear, and a neighbor to Bridgestone. So far I am very happy with mine.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Mine came with goodyear eagle 2....decent dry and in rain, real bad in snow...i think tires are a dealer choice...they can keep the cheapies that come from the factory or replace them before they park them in the lot. I put tires in as part of the deal when I bought my saturn, but my koup's have been great....except in snow.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I have hankook tires stock from the dealer. Had to replace one because some dumba$& slashed one at my work because he was hating on the koup. But so far good tires work well in sunny California.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I went 4 hours away and I ended up noticing that I have a bubble on my sidewall too!

WTF?!

I took it to Goodyear and they said I must have hit a pothole (I did, but I suggested that it may be a manufacturer defect...lol)

Im thinking about ordering my 18" wheels and tires tonight, instead of spending the $220 they quoted me at Goodyear for one tread. Im planning on keeping my wheels for some blizzaks next winter... good idea?

Spend $1200 on some new 18's instead of $220 on one tread that Im not even gonna keep?!

·
Registered
567 Posts
I have the goodyear eagle 2's and I never had a problem with them in dry or rainy weather. Snow on the other hand is god awful. I had a flat already and replaced it with another goodyear for some dumb reason. If I had the extra money I'd get new rims and tires. Weh to being broke.

The amount of pot holes that have been popping up in my area since the snow hit us is terrifying. My car has been taking a beating.

2,213 Posts
I got a bubble in my tire when the car had 500 miles on it. POS tires, so I'm going with toyo tires! Ef that, alot better tire and I get a 3 year road hazard warranty on them

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mine came with Kumho tyres. They really good. Friend of mine had the previous shape Sportage and he got 100 000 km (+- 62 000 miles) out of them...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have tire bubbles on the sidewalls of 3 of my tires (goodyear eagle 2's) on my kia forte sx 2010, dealership is saying not their problem, went to a goodyear tire dealer like the Kia dealership suggested and the pretty much laughed at me for even showing them.

Went to the Goodyear head office today and they gave me some # to open a investigation or something, will try this then if not KIA head office.

I know this is because of the shitty suspension on the forte and low pro factory sx rims / tires.

Will keep yall in the loop...

Sho.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ouch that hurts. Did they offer you a tire/rim warranty? Over here they offered it to me and luckily I took it. So far they replaced four of my tires at no cost to me.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Mine came with the Goodyear LS2 tires. Hit a gigantic pothole (fit the entire car) and one tire got a bubble on the sidewall. Wasn't covered by warranty.

I decided to ditch the tires while they were still new so I could sell the good ones and get free rotations with discount tire. Now I'm on nitto neo gen tires and so far they're doing better. It wasn't cheap but now I don't have to waste my time dealing with bubbles and I get good service for rotations.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I just bought Continental ExtremeContact DWS. Cannot wait to get rid of these POS goodyears. I will never buy goodyear or dunlop.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I google searched Kia Forte SX Tire bubble and found this forum... and im happy I found it!!

I have had my 2010 Kia Forte SX for about a year now, only just over 11,000 click on it and I found after a car wash 2 weeks ago and found 2 tire bubbles on the front tires (Goodyear).

I went to visit my dealer (Durham Kia) and they to me tires are a separate warranty issue and I gotta bring it up with Goodyear... he also implied looks like I must have hit one pot hole too many. I'm sure I have hit a pothole but I have with my other car (Toyota Camry) that I have had for years and never had this problem.

Anyways i'm pissed and not sure what to do, I think im gonna but some new tires and dump the bubbled ones on my dealers doorstep. REALLY PISSED was really happy with KIA until now.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts