Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered what I thought were all the parts I needed to get my DDIN radio installed but have one question. For anyone who has done this can you tell me if I need the Kia Antenna Adapter for an aftermarket radio? I see Metra sells one, part # 40-KI111 but have not really read where anyone has talked about needing it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I just ordered what I thought were all the parts I needed to get my DDIN radio installed but have one question. For anyone who has done this can you tell me if I need the Kia Antenna Adapter for an aftermarket radio? I see Metra sells one, part # 40-KI111 but have not really read where anyone has talked about needing it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
depends on the head unit,most of the chinese d/din units have standard antenna socket which is incompatable with the proprietry kia plug.not having an adaptor when i fitted my d/din dvd/nav unit, i just cut off the kia plug and soldered on a standard one problem solved;)

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
1stkia: with my headunit, it came with all of the necessary adapters for installation. The only things that needed to be added on was for HD radio and satellite radio but nothing for a regular setup

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess I should look at the back of the unit and see if I can tell. I bought the JVC KW-NT3htd. I do remember seeing what I think looked like the female end for a antenna, but that was just a quick look so I could be wrong about that.

·
Registered
45 Posts
My pioneer uses the standard antenna plug. The Forte doesn't have it. It has a weird box looking plug for the antenna. So you might have to buy an adapter depending on your head unit.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My JVC looks the same. I ordered the adapter from best buy and will have it tomorrow. I have already set up my install appointment for Friday morning. I can't wait to get it in. Have to go to Duke to see the transplant team on Monday so I'll get a chance to really try out the gps. I hope it's as good as most of the reviews say it is.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts