Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had some body work done which entailed removeing the back window. When I got my car back the AM radio was complete static. The shop guy told me to bring it back in and they would fix it. Just picked it back up and I can hear the radio now but there is still background static. Does anyone know what the problem could be? The body shop guy said it was a bad ground connection. Is there antenna wires running through the back window (kinda like the rear defrost)? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
278 Posts
I'd bring it back again and have them fix it properly.

There are no wires running through the back window for the radio. Not sure exactly the way they're run but up one of the sides and under the roof panel. If I had to make a guess, I'd say it's an issue somewhere around the base of the antenna.

But wait..... people actually listen to AM?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Theres no wires running to the rear windshield. The Sirius/XM/FM/AM antenna wire runs to the front. Hooks on plug n play.

I forgot to take before pics during re upholster from beige to black the headliner & beige panels to black.

They probably didn't insert/push the plug securely back onto the antenna. There's 2 that need to be connected. Tan plug & black plug.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts