Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Kia Forte SX hatchback and the antenna and its base flew off while I was on the highway so that's long gone. The dealership quoted me for a replacement for $540 which is insane.

The item number is #96260 -1M200. I was looking at shark fin antennas online and think I prefer that route since it seems easier to attach (and looks better IMO). The only issue is I need a base that covers the 5-inch circuit board left on the top of the car, but most of the shark fins that I've found don't seem to have a hole underneath that's wide enough to fit over my circuit board.

Does anyone have any advice or recommendations on what to do? It looks so bad to just have the circuit board exposed. I know nothing about cars... If you have any input, that would be much appreciated! :)

·
Super Moderator
199 Posts
Most of the cheapie fins on the internet fit over the actual plastic base, so they should all fit over your exposed circuit board.

I spent a lot of time researching fins and short of going with an OEM one (with the module inside) which requires removing the interior roof panel, etc, I went with what I thought was a good one from eBay (it has wiring/coils inside to "boost reception"). Well, it sure looks nice, but my FM/AM reception is no longer there and I can't get any channels.

If you care about radio reception, I'd recommend going to a scrap yard and picking the unit off of a car there. If you don't care about reception, most of the shark fin covers on the internet will fit over the base; pick the one you fancy the most.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Kia soul OEM/factory antennas fit. If they look the exact same as 2010 thru 2013 kia Fortes, the antenna will fit.

My original was ruined rusted & leaked water because it's plastic. So I found & bought at junk/salvage yard 2012 kia forte sedan & 2013 kia soul antennas.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts