Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the Stud size for the antenna is?

i was also wondering what other people have done with their antenna set up? i just took mine off for now while i think of a solution.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry i didn't mean a solution for fixing it, because the antenna has no issues other then it being an eye sore.

I'm just wondering what other people have done with their antennas. whether it be completely taking it off or replacing it with a smaller antenna.

·
Registered
486 Posts
you know... I think I need to go out and look at my antenna now... all these threads about how ugly it is and I never even notice it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
maybe it is just me, but the antenna just distracted me when looking at my car so i just took it off, but now i have the hole in the back of the base that looks tacky.

·
Registered
533 Posts
You can completely replace it as i am with a shark fin antenna... I got used to the one on my elantra so I want it back lol.. You can get them here VG Shark Fin Antenna - Home and get it repainted or order one from your local Hyundai Dealer for a lil more money... The part #962502H1109F for the Black Pearl color from the Hyundai Dealer... They cost approx. $154 from the dealer though... I'll be able to shave about $30 since i've been goin there forever but Idk how lucky the rest of you will be... Everything will mount and wire properly from the dealer but I'm not sure about the other one...

·
Registered
243 Posts
you know... I think I need to go out and look at my antenna now... all these threads about how ugly it is and I never even notice it.
LOL! And no kidding.

Here I'm worrying about things like oil leaks and engine noise and others are tearing off the "eyesore" antenna. I think it looks okay. Body color might be better, but this is a < $20k car.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
there is a reason i posted this in the apearence section. if it was an issue of importance i would have posted in the general discussion.. was just wondering what other people have done with antenna mods.

im looking into the shark fin, i had one on my Mazda 3. but the base for the mazda 3 antenna is way smaller then the koup.

·
Registered
486 Posts
i am sure that I saw a sharkfin style antenna on one of the parts threads that was for the forte and as i recall it looked nice. I would never knock anyone choice to mod any part of the car. Its a fact people like different things. I am in love with the fact that not many people have this car and as more people get them and they become less unique i will be doing more mods to make mine stand out. So I understand your desire to change the look I personally would just start somewhere else on my car. But to each his own!! I will look for that thread in a bit see if I can point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i love the fact that the nearist Kia dealership is 30 mins away so the chances of someone getting the same koup are slimmer then seeing someone with the same Honda :p

Pharaoh your thought about modding the car when it becomes less unique makes perfect sense.

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
After checking out the VG shark fin site, I would not go that route. Design is cheesy, poorer reception and the look is so common now to me its a step backward if your trying to be different.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yea iv decided to just take the antenna off completely, and replace it with a 1.5'' antenna just to fill the hole. if i could find a cap to fill the hole i would do that in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
486 Posts
what about a shorter antenna?

A - Short Stubby Antenna - Color: Black

says it doesnt fit all cars.. but also says in description that it comes with (various screw size included with package)

·
Registered
486 Posts
Here is what I did with my antenna, 1.5" black stubby antenna, sorry about the night shot. Will post a day pic if requested

link is broke cant see pic

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i just ordered the 1.5 black stubby antenna. ill post some pics when they come in. plan on having a small photo shoot when my caliper paint comes in.

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
Has anyone found any other replacement antennas? I'm not sure if I like the shark fin ones or the stubbys.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i think someone just took their antenna off and painted the hole black with touch up paint... thats an option.

·
Registered
696 Posts
That stubby antenna actually looks pretty good. How is reception with it? Anyone know if local auto stores (Advance, autozone, etc.) sell the stubby antenna??

1 - 20 of 46 Posts