Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Canada and just purchased a 2010 Kia Forte. Needless to say, there's a lot of salt on the roads and I'd like to preserve the car's exterior. Is it worth it to apply annual anti-rust coatings? How much do these typically cost? Are there other alternatives I should look into?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Krown Rust Proof
~100-120.00 + new car warranty.

If you talk to the guys and make friends, a lot of shops will do it for ~90.00 after the first drill (each year after that), remember to wash your car on a regular basis to in winter - just dont wash it in super cold weather.

I used to have an older model Corolla and back then I didn't care about rust and the rear quarter started to rust - I promised myself my next car I'd rust proof every year.

Some Forte Forum members may argue that kia has the 5 year anti body rust warranty thing but its always better safe then sorry especially if you plan on keeping the car long.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I would get it done. It's cheap insurance. My mechanic charged me about $80 to do the under body, inside of the doors, hood and trunk. He used to do this at a Honda dealership. He told me that you don't really need to respray every year. Every other year should be fine.

Just make sure that if you do it, try to do it on a day where the forecast is dry for a couple of days. The coating takes a day or two to dry and harden up. If you do it on a day where's there is snow, all that salt and dirt will splash back up and stick to the anti rust coating. If possible, wash your under body and wheel wells first and give it a day to dry before you do the anti-rust. Otherwise, when they spray it on any dirt that is there will be trapped underneath the coating.

·
Registered
105 Posts
what about the electronic rust protection devices????
anyone got experience with them?
I also live in Canada and my dealer put one on for me, it does something gives the car an electronic charge so rust wont form and rust warranty went to 10 years as a result....
Anyone know if these work?

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts