Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This past weekend was the annual Texas Heatwave here in AUSTIN, TEXAS!!I entered thinking I didnt have a great chance of winning anything because of not many upgrades.All Ive done to this point was:18'' Rims, Limo Tint back, Legal front, Emblems all changed,-Horn included-10K HIDS -Chrome door handles -Blue LED in Dome light- Blue LEDs in Trunk1500 watt Kicker Amp (Mono)2 12'' Kicker L7s in Kicker built box -Blacked out Tail lights (Film not spray)Anyways, I got 2nd for my class which was "ICCP" idk what that stands for but apparentlly a lot of cars were in my class. Im 5'6 in height (Short I know...But hey its Genetics not my fault ha) and the Trophey is past my waist... These are nice cars!! People were stopping by left in right asking if it were a Lexus!! Alot of heads were turning... Mighta been because of the Bass i has comming out of my Trunk... Ill try and post a Pic of the prize!!

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
congratulations, that's awesome man!

Fellow shorties unite!!! ...rock on!!!!

We're gonna take over the world one Forte at a time....bwahahahaha

·
Registered
139 Posts
It's funny you said they were asking if it was a Lexus. I was sitting next to a Lexus the other day thinking how much it looked like the Forte sedan.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ha you know its to early when I post somthing about a sedan in a KOUP area!! How do I move this? Thanks tho! The peoples reactions when you tell them its a KIA is priceless...

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
i won second place on import other

·
Registered
67 Posts
This past weekend was the annual Texas Heatwave here in AUSTIN, TEXAS!!I entered thinking I didnt have a great chance of winning anything because of not many upgrades.All Ive done to this point was:18'' Rims, Limo Tint back, Legal front, Emblems all changed,-Horn included-10K HIDS -Chrome door handles -Blue LED in Dome light- Blue LEDs in Trunk1500 watt Kicker Amp (Mono)2 12'' Kicker L7s in Kicker built box -Blacked out Tail lights (Film not spray)Anyways, I got 2nd for my class which was "ICCP" idk what that stands for but apparentlly a lot of cars were in my class. Im 5'6 in height (Short I know...But hey its Genetics not my fault ha) and the Trophey is past my waist... These are nice cars!! People were stopping by left in right asking if it were a Lexus!! Alot of heads were turning... Mighta been because of the Bass i has comming out of my Trunk... Ill try and post a Pic of the prize!!

Did they measure your spl? If so what was your score

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No I wanted too, But it was another $55 for the Audio Comp. So I had to decide whether to pay rent or sign up...... Rent won. haha Ive gotten 1st place tho for the same system in my 96 blazer (Before I did clunkers for this forte) It was in the High 150's I wanna upgrade my system but after all its a small car...the more weight the slower the car haha... hint hint

·
Registered
67 Posts
No I wanted too, But it was another $55 for the Audio Comp. So I had to decide whether to pay rent or sign up...... Rent won. haha Ive gotten 1st place tho for the same system in my 96 blazer (Before I did clunkers for this forte) It was in the High 150's I wanna upgrade my system but after all its a small car...the more weight the slower the car haha... hint hint

No offense man but your setup is nowhere near even ¤
150 let alone upper 150s.. I've been competing in meca and dbdrag for 10 years building my own tuned frequency spl enclosures and with 2 18s off 16000 watts running a16 volt setup in a wall I was only at 158 legal...

In reality 2l7 12s in a PREFAB box which is what you have With the power you have is gonna be around 140~145MAX....

Termlab spl meters are the only thing ever used in comps and the only score that matters

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You might be right im not sure what my reading was i coulda sworn it was in the 150s who knows it was about 2 yrs ago. Either way these Kickers hit...Thinkin of gettin 1 solo X with a 2500 watt Kicker amp. Gotta see tho...Weight wise I dont wanna put to much on the car. You think maybe it was 150s but the Decibal reader coulda been wrong? after all it was a lil car show not offical world USACI stuff like the Heatwave has

·
Registered
67 Posts
You might be right im not sure what my reading was i coulda sworn it was in the 150s who knows it was about 2 yrs ago. Either way these Kickers hit...Thinkin of gettin 1 solo X with a 2500 watt Kicker amp. Gotta see tho...Weight wise I dont wanna put to much on the car. You think maybe it was 150s but the Decibal reader coulda been wrong? after all it was a lil car show not offical world USACI stuff like the Heatwave has
Kicker isjust another overpriced mainstream market..you want something that will blow your doors off, look into dcsoundlab,level 4s or 4xl and run a sundown audio sa3500d too them...trust me man they would destroy any setup you could get by kicker for half the price.. And the build quality is phenomenal..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts