Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im not sure if my hearing is just too sensitive, or if I am too anal, but they are driving me kind of nuts.

In the passenger door there has been a plasticy noise, one you would expect if you had something loose in the glove compartment. This noise seems to happen when going over bumps, but I am not sure if it is the speaker.

Also, recently my dash seems to be making a bit of a noise. Sometimes when going over bumps (lots around here) there is almost a rubbing noise which is pretty relevant. When I had someone in the car with me they were pressing the far corner by the windshield where the dash meets the vents(?).

Im not sure what to do, I dont really want my dealer ripping apart the dash (not sure they even would anyhow), just wondering if anyone experiences any kind of noises, are these normal, etc... My previous car was a very old one so I kind of grew used to ignoring all of its bad traits.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I've got a little rattle noise coming from the drivers door. Seems to be underneath the window control.

I will have it looked at when my ride goes to the dealership for the 1st time.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Im not sure if my hearing is just too sensitive, or if I am too anal, but they are driving me kind of nuts.

In the passenger door there has been a plasticy noise, one you would expect if you had something loose in the glove compartment. This noise seems to happen when going over bumps, but I am not sure if it is the speaker.

Also, recently my dash seems to be making a bit of a noise. Sometimes when going over bumps (lots around here) there is almost a rubbing noise which is pretty relevant. When I had someone in the car with me they were pressing the far corner by the windshield where the dash meets the vents(?).

Im not sure what to do, I dont really want my dealer ripping apart the dash (not sure they even would anyhow), just wondering if anyone experiences any kind of noises, are these normal, etc... My previous car was a very old one so I kind of grew used to ignoring all of its bad traits.
Interesting about the dash rattle. Mine is triggered by bumps but also only happens when warm air from the heater has warmed up the dash area. So, it only happens after a longer drive.

Although I hear an occasional rattle in the far right corner of the dash by the trim, there is a much worse rattle(or creaking sound) coming from the rear of the insert piece that houses the clock and air bag indicator(top center of dash). That's where I traced it to, and I can press on that part of the piece and reproduce the rattle/creak.

I'm going to try putting tiny shims in the seams between that piece and the dash material to tighten it up and prevent it from moving and making noise.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Interesting about the dash rattle. Mine is triggered by bumps but also only happens when warm air from the heater has warmed up the dash area. So, it only happens after a longer drive.

Although I hear an occasional rattle in the far right corner of the dash by the trim, there is a much worse rattle(or creaking sound) coming from the rear of the insert piece that houses the clock and air bag indicator(top center of dash). That's where I traced it to, and I can press on that part of the piece and reproduce the rattle/creak.

I'm going to try putting tiny shims in the seams between that piece and the dash material to tighten it up and prevent it from moving and making noise.
Sorry to bump such a thread, but was wondering if the previous poster did what he said with the shims? I still hear the occasional rattle from the clock/center dash. Also, still hear a rattle occasionaly from where the dash meets the piece by the windshield in the far right corner.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Warm Dash Rattle

I have the same issue. Even proved the warm dash theory by turning AC on. Once things cooled down, the rattle went away completely. I tried pressing on the clock area housing. No joy. Seems to be where the forward sections of the dash meet, on the long seems running side to side. I have not yet been able to influence the rattle with pressure.

·
Registered
38 Posts

I have the same dash rattle problem. SILVER2010: where you able to fix it?:confused:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just to follow up on this. After getting my issue with the front wheel noise fixed by the dealer, the car is a lot quieter now.

However, I do occasionaly get what almost sounds like a cracking noise which sounds like from the far corners where the 2 pieces of plastic meet by the windshield. It only seems to happen when you havent been driving long, im assuming the heat makes the noise go away.

Anyone have anything similar? If I could sort this out then the ride would be a dream. :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have the same rattle in the front corner near speaker or glove box if you find out can someone let me know it makes me crazy only 600 mi. On car hope they can fix it

·
Registered
576 Posts
I have the same rattle in the front corner near speaker or glove box if you find out can someone let me know it makes me crazy only 600 mi. On car hope they can fix it
It could be the same as my car, the rattle is where the dashboard meets the windshield glass I pushed a bit of foam rubber between the two now its gone. (I Think). As your driving along get someone to put some pressure on that area and see what happens

·
Registered
104 Posts
what about rattle noise from your sunroof? i have one and service dept. confirmed it but they couldn't fix it easily. they will need to get an expert to take a look....they said it will take a day or so to figure it out and fix it:confused:....i'm getting a rent a car....

·
Registered
377 Posts
OMG I GET THE SAME NOISE! I can't stand it!!!! Who has figured out this remedy? ANYONE?!?!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts