Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've been kicking around ideas on color schemes to accent my black koup SX.
i've seen a lot of them on here w/red details.....

when i came across a thread about brake calipers and painting- and some one tossed out yellow...
that stuck with me.

anyone done all the little details of the car in yellow?
yellow calipers/or caliper covers?
yellow stripe on the wheel (like the ones we've seen in red)
yellow pinstripe on the rear bumper area btwn the lower/upper half of the fascia back there
same treatment on the front

perhaps solid yellow inserts - or black insterts w/yellow edging?
*but i think the solid yellow inserts on the black wheels...would look too much like some crazy car that i cant remember the name of.......lol

another reason i was thinking the yellow accents to black-
you would be able to get away with yellow led emblems on the front and rear of the car....

another thing about the yellow accents- i think if you did it to a corsica blue car- it would be like the blue angels flight team :)
(throw in gold window tinting perhaps for the cockpit effect?)

i havent played with photoshop in prob 10 years........or more
so it would be quite some time before i get time to sit down and relearn it all (cuz i never much used photoshop except to clean up pictures as opposed to modifying them in crazy ways....)

well i hope this gives a lil of the muse to the artistic types :)
photoshoppers have fun with it all

·
Registered
589 Posts
Here is a quick hack...I can do a better one tomorrow if you want.

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
I think you could be going in a good direction with this yellow idea. IMO the key would be to only doing small hints of yellow to accent the black. The yellow inserts would be a little much but maybe pinstriping with the yellow calipers would work better.

BTW, good job UnDeR FLiP on just a quick hack. Wish I knew how to photoshop.

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
How's this
That looks awesome! Yellow highlights is a great idea! There's a black civic just down the road that has yellow brake drums and calipers. That's the only part of the car I like, and I'm glad someone with a Forte is thinking of going with those colours.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
underflip- thanks also-
yes- i was afraid and that picture does prove that the yelo inserts would be a bit much

thanks for knocking it out for me :)

joey

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi there photoshoppers, i am quite daft when it comes to this sort of thing. I own a red Koup. I would like to see the rear bottom half of the bumber colour coded but leaving the entire di-fuser part black. I also would like to see the bonnet in black but the lines have to follow from the ends on either side of the grill going to the corners of the bonnet on the windscreen side (like some Golf 5 GTI's)...i also would like to see the roof completely black......

This one is a bit over the top but i would like to see the front bumper changed...lets see if i can explain this...
I want the front bumper to have one big intake from the left of the bumper to the right. i want the top line to run from just above the left air duct, there is a line on the red part of the bumper all the way to the left duct across the center duct. The bottom line can simply go between the 2 bottom ducts. So the red inner strips of the ducts will be Black and a tad bit above the side ducts. The bottom line of the center duct must now be in red......

I would greatly appreciate your guys help on this.......I think it would look wicked, but i need to see it before i attempt anything

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That looks awesome! Yellow highlights is a great idea! There's a black civic just down the road that has yellow brake drums and calipers. That's the only part of the car I like, and I'm glad someone with a Forte is thinking of going with those colours.

so- as the black koup guy looking for yellow accents-
what ideas do you have as far as trimming the car in yello?
i like the yellow fogs, (i ddnt even think of that when first posting the photo shop request.)

the hyper yellow turn signals on the rearview mirrors- i never even thought of that.......

need to find yellow center caps for the wheels........
(and i like that whole black wheel effect- been thinking of doing the inserts in BBQ black flat paint while leaving the metal glossy)

only problem i have "fashion wise" arrrgh.....the red leather stiching,the red speaker rings, the red stiching on the floor mats........
but still-
the yellow accents are pretty cool and not on the beaten path........

·
Registered
185 Posts
I had this same idea but with either red or silver outlining in the front. I want to expose the true lines of the car that you can see with other colors. This yellow theme you got going will look pretty good. Nice photoshop work as well under_flip.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Hi there photoshoppers, i am quite daft when it comes to this sort of thing. I own a red Koup. I would like to see the rear bottom half of the bumber colour coded but leaving the entire di-fuser part black. I also would like to see the bonnet in black but the lines have to follow from the ends on either side of the grill going to the corners of the bonnet on the windscreen side (like some Golf 5 GTI's)...i also would like to see the roof completely black......

This one is a bit over the top but i would like to see the front bumper changed...lets see if i can explain this...
I want the front bumper to have one big intake from the left of the bumper to the right. i want the top line to run from just above the left air duct, there is a line on the red part of the bumper all the way to the left duct across the center duct. The bottom line can simply go between the 2 bottom ducts. So the red inner strips of the ducts will be Black and a tad bit above the side ducts. The bottom line of the center duct must now be in red......

I would greatly appreciate your guys help on this.......I think it would look wicked, but i need to see it before i attempt anything
is this what you meant for the back

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thanks for the photoshop, this is what i wanted except i didn't want the vertical lines in red....but it gives me a good idea as to how it will turn....Thanks again it is much apprecaited.....Got to get used to it before i do it...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts