Kia Forte Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
I bit the bullet, and buying my first new car. Ordered this baby around 60min ago - 2.0l ( sx equivalent - all the toys :) ) in titanium silver!!!

I'm hoping against hope that she'll be ready for me tomorrow. The family has a long trip planned for the weekend, and I'm praying we can do it in the new car!

Irritatingly ( ;) ), this was parked right next to it.

Now I'll never regret getting married and having kids, but I wish they had been more accomodating and let me get that!
But I'm over the moon with my (soon) 4-door :D :D :D
Tolliman...I get it trust me...I wanted the Koup as well, but the Sedan made the most sense since we do have kids as well. Trust me the Sedan will look good dressed up. I am currently looking into a lip spoiler, a rear window spoiler, TSW wheels, a front bumper lip, tinted windows, audi lights, more interior light accents, exhaust diffuser (since I don't have a SX), and fog lights..I can see it in my mind. Don't be annoyed with your purchase. I love mine. A few things irritate me but no car is perfect. ENJOY!!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
My opinion: buy the Chevy Cruze. Better quality and more economic. I have a 2.0 EX Forte and I just can't stand going back to the dealership anymore. Same problem as many other people on this forum: noisy passenger seat (been there 3 times, problem is coming back), noisy dashboard (3 times and not a single fix). And now there is noise coming from my front suspension. And the AUTO shifts too quick... Not that I am being too negative but my first impression was: What a great car!
If I didn't have those recurring problems, I'd be happy. You get what you pay for...

·
Registered
140 Posts
My opinion: buy the Chevy Cruze. Better quality and more economic. I have a 2.0 EX Forte and I just can't stand going back to the dealership anymore. Same problem as many other people on this forum: noisy passenger seat (been there 3 times, problem is coming back), noisy dashboard (3 times and not a single fix). And now there is noise coming from my front suspension. And the AUTO shifts too quick... Not that I am being too negative but my first impression was: What a great car!
If I didn't have those recurring problems, I'd be happy. You get what you pay for...
The Cruze is not infallible either. There is no such thing as a perfect car in this segment. You can run down the list, Forte, Cruze, Civic, Corolla, Mazda3... every car will have its quirks. At least in my local market, the Forte carries a much more lower price tag than a similar featured Cruze.

Problems from the get-go - Chevrolet Cruze Forum
Automatic Transmission Issues - Chevrolet Cruze Forum
Why you should NOT buy a Chevrolet Cruze

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
^^^
Love my koup, 17,000 miles and no real big issues, I've had a sqweak that seems to come and go. Thought i figured it out but nope. only other issue is stupid my radio volume speed control stop working after first 40 miles.. dealer never fixed, they keep trying to tell me I'm crazy and I just decided I'd let it go since it means very little too me.

So yeah that could have happened to any car make honestly

Other then that the car has been good, so far nock on wood*
Just normal stuff oil, alignment, tires, wiper blades stuff you'd expect :)

Honestly If the car keeps running the way it is at 50,000 80,000 or a hundred thosand miles like my friends I'll buy another one in a heartbeat.
So far it looks very likely it will with good up keep ;)

just my ten cents

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I've had my Koup since October 09, I've put on 29,000 miles and have had no big issues with the car.

The cold is really the only time the car gives me any grief. Occasionally I get random rattles from the passenger side and back seat, but I blame that on having an early model of the first production year. Then the only constant sound issues are the dashboard and sunroof, the dashboard only seems to rattle when its super cold outside, but it tends to go away after the inside is all warmed up, and the sunroof rattles when its cold out, but opening it and shutting it seems to do the trick.

Over all I love my little KIA, I get compliment across the board, whether it be from a 50yr old guy to a teenager in a Civic, everyone seems to love the Forte :)

So, congrats on the Forte and may it serve you a long time.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Boom_King - I spent a few minutes trying to find a "why should you NOT buy a Forte". I couldn't find anything. But I have a friend who's got a Cruze and I really liked that car. Again, it's my opinion.

My Forte has been just an issue with only 3k km on it. Consumption in the city is horrible and the squeaks are driving me nuts as I don't really listen to the radio while driving. Again, I am giving my opinion.

·
Registered
139 Posts
some WD-40 on the nuts and bolts under the passenger seat made my squeak go away.

You say its your opinion in the 2nd post, but in your original statement you say 'better quality and more economic' yet its not even an opinion, its trying to say something thats either fact or fiction, and indeed, it is fiction and you got called on it. lower price tag with about equally impacting minor issues is strong FACT for the forte. Your opinion, was posted in the 2nd post, where you say you really dont like the car and you shouldnt buy it. Good on you, wasted that 13k. maybe you can go buy 2/3 a Chevy Cruze, and then find out every car has stupid minor issues.

and ForteSXfan, i deliver pizza, miles rack up fast. The selling point was the lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'll say it again: I have a friend who has a Cruze and I really liked the car. We bought our cars at the same time. And I am going to say it again: With only 3k km on it, my car has way too many issues. Why only 3k? I live in a city where you don't need to burn gas every day to go to work. I drive on the weekends only and this car since I sold my Corolla last November. I just said that the Cruze has a better quality and better on gas. My friend's Cryze is more economic than my car and the plastic used is better than mine too... but oh well, I know some are very very proud of their cars. I am too but I just think that I've taken the car to the garage way too many times in 3 months only. I wouldn't buy it again if these problems remain unsolved as I see in many threads in this forum.

@ Lappa - my seat problem is a coil that they keep fixing but for some reason it keeps coming back. Today I noticed the dash noise went away after leaving my car in a heated garage. And by the way: it is not a fiction. My friend has one, is very happy about it. I drove and I liked it. She never hasn't had a problem with it yet. Maybe in a long run. Maybe my Forte will better in a few months and her Cruze will develop problems. But as of now, I will still give my opinion from the experience I have. That's why forum exist.

·
Registered
139 Posts
i was talking of the 'opinion' of:

"Better quality and more economic." - Posted by tommdm on 1/28/11 at 4:13pm forum time.

that is you stating fiction. An opinion is 'i think the chevy is a better option'. Facts: The kia is cheaper, more fuel efficient (pending the driver) and has equally annoying initial problems. Fiction: 'the cruze is better in quality and more economic'. Statistics are there to provide the difference between fact and fiction.

Sorry you thought i was taking a shot at you, I'm just defending KIA as they arent here to do the same. I've owned 2 Beretta's and a Camaro, i have no qualms with Chevy, and I never said the car is bad. I just wanted to point out, you are mistaking your opinion and you are stating it as a fact.

I am personally more upset that you got a raw deal and arent as happy as most of us with your Forte. I've had 2-3 minor issues, and have had them all addressed within the first 5k miles(i'm now over 25k miles).

My minor issues were: (the power steering squeak, the passenger seat squeak, the rubber E-brake boot).

Also, Sorry for coming off as a pompous douchebag, my wife pointed out that what i said could be taken the wrong way.

·
Registered
53 Posts
No problem at all. I totally understand what you mean. I do agree with you that I may be mistaken with the Cruze. My friend's Cruze is great. But we never know... I bought my Forte for a reason: I drove it and I really liked it. Also, it was cheaper than the Cruze, Civic, Corolla (I didn't want another one) and the Mazda 3. My friends
I still love my Forte. It handles great and is very spacious! I am just disappointed with the problems. I hope it will get solved soon. I think I will call them next Monday and tell them they can even keep it for a week but I just want my car back when it is fixed.
Also, sorry if my initial post came off as a Kia hater... I am just disappointed...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Hey tollieman. Could you find anything out if CAI affects your warranty here in south africa?
Hi there (actually forgot I posted here! :eek:)! I spoke to the dealer in Centurion where I bought it from, and they would not commit. The service manager basically said that "it probably won't affect the warranty", but that "Kia investigates everything before approving".... Which doesn't give me the most confidence.

In all honesty, I don't have the money to play with at the moment anyway, so it's staying standard at the moment.

Thanks for all the comments!

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.