Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if any 2011 owner has got the crease problem.

I'm getting ready to buy something and it's come down to the Kia Forte Koup EX or the Hyundai Elantra GL. The crease problem might be a deal breaker.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,820 Posts
The creases are a cold weather issue. Now that the weather is warmer the creases tend to disappear...so the complaints go down.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes but I'm sure a lot of 2011's were out in the cold. So wondering if any of those had the problem or if Kia fixed it for 2011 somehow.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,820 Posts
Yes but I'm sure a lot of 2011's were out in the cold. So wondering if any of those had the problem or if Kia fixed it for 2011 somehow.

Hope it doesn't show up on the '11s. I bought my 2010 in Sep 2009 and don't remember seeing the creases the first winter. The second winter (this one) the creases really showed up. Keep an eye out for them...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hope it doesn't show up on the '11s. I bought my 2010 in Sep 2009 and don't remember seeing the creases the first winter. The second winter (this one) the creases really showed up. Keep an eye out for them...
What are these creases you guys are talking about? Just went through my first winter with my Koup and didn't notice anything abnormal...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Thanks, folks. I never noticed it until you guys mentioned it. Sure enough, passenger side door, vertical crease from the upper contour line down about 8-inches. It's not as bad as some I've seen, but now I know it's there. :(

·
Registered
436 Posts
In my experience, it needs to be 40 or below outside, and you have to catch them from a certain angle to see them. I saw mine walking toward / away from the car at an angle. It looks exactly like someone nailed you with a straight door edge, but the positioning makes that impossible. One in the middle of each door, and one on each rear fender, just below the C pillar. It looks like I beat on the car with a metal yardstick.

·
Registered
26 Posts
We have an 2011 SX White Koup and we don't have those creases...for now, hopefully it will not show up next winter !!

But you know what, we also have an 2009 Black Rondo, second winter with it and BANG ! a crease appear on the both backside panels, more visible on the left one and for sure, the superdealership we have here says "it's normal !! there is a reenforcement metal plate inside...bla bla bla...a kind of bullshit. They just don't want to assume it's a real paint problem and spent money on it.

By chance, I really like drive those Kia but they will lost some sell if the dealership don't give a better service.

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
My car had a minor one on the passenger door but it's disappeared since things have warmed up. Honestly, I probably wouldn't have even noticed it if I hadn't been looking for it after I heard about the issue on here. If I could go back in time, I would still buy my car. That's how small of an issue it is to me, especially since it's disappeared.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have a 2011 Koup EX and was in temperatures of -50C and below (-58F for the american crowd) and have seen no sign of these creases.

·
Registered
114 Posts
warmer weather here and they just appeared. 1 as of now behind the driver door. waiting on kia rep to come to dealership......

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
There are those with '11s who also have creases, sedan and Koup, as well as a small amount of 5 doors.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts