Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I'm debating on getting the 6000k slim 35w H11's plus the h1 harness from DDM.....I seen a couple of you guys have these on your Fortes and I was wondering if any one has a trustworthy overall review of the bulbs over a named brand like Mcullough? With the DDM's have you noticed any problems with flickering or interference with your car radio? I installed HID's on all of my other past cars and I had problems with the flickering and the radio stations would be all staticy (probably the location of the ballast had something to do with that) but the flickering should have never happened with the one bulb after a month.... So yeah basically my question is since putting in the DDMs have you had any problems whatsoever?

Im looking to purchase these tonight so your thoughts and advice would be greatly appreciated!

Also while I'm at it!

Quick poll

For the low beams
or

Thank you - DINSPIRED1

·
Registered
407 Posts
Please dont flood the forums, just one post is enough, we will find it.

BW

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i know but a lot of traffic goes on the koup side compared to sedan....takes longer for a response.

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
I got the 5000k DDM Tuning kit over a month ago and haven't had any problems yet. My only problem is one of the bulbs has a bit of a pink hue in it but it's not too noticable. Not sure why that is, maybe oil from my hand got on the bulb who knows.

As far as 5000k or 6000k it's all preference. The 5000k is mostly white with just enough blue in it for me. My buddy has the 6000k and is a little bit more blue which he prefers. He also says he hasn't had any problems with his.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Patience is a virtue :)

·
Registered
348 Posts
I installed the DDM Slim 35W 5,000K kit almost two months ago and they are great, so far. I have a white car so the 'whitest white' was important to me. Just waiting on my fog light kit to arrive, too...

Go with a relay kit and you'll not have any chance of a flicker problem. Also, watch where you ground the relay, and do not share any ground location that a computer uses. Nearly zero chance of any problems with static, interference, etc. The Forte has a sweeeeet spot under both headlight housings for the ballasts - the slims fit just perfectly.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I think imma do this too!
@KiaTech - Do you have a Koup? If so, don't forget to fill us in once you've installed the fogs!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ordered 8000k since i have a corsa blue cant wait!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts