Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the reasons I've still not made a final decision on this car is because of the many threads on rattles. Has Kia addressed this on the 2011 models? If you own a 2011 model, do you hear any annoying rattles?

·
Registered
202 Posts
I've got the 2011 ex sedan. Very quite with no rattles. We've put on 1800km in 3 weeks and all is well. I did put some stickey carpet in the storage area under the radio to stop coins from making sounds and also did the center console area.

I also had the car rust proofed and sound proofed so very little road noise in the cabin.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
4,171 Posts
One of the reasons I've still not made a final decision on this car is because of the many threads on rattles. Has Kia addressed this on the 2011 models? If you own a 2011 model, do you hear any annoying rattles?
If the possibility of a rattle is going to be your deciding factor I seriously recommend you buy a more expensive luxury car and not an economy model. I've rented lots of economy cars throughout the years -- none were without a rattle or two.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My concern is not with the odd rattle. My concern is the amount of threads I've seen concerning this one topic. I like the car for many reasons but I want there to be some kind of solid construction behind it as well; the type of construction and fit and finish that has made honda and toyota famous. Every car has its issues but I just don't want us all here to be having tons of problems 5 years down the road.

Off topic: (my current options): I am looking at brands that are known for good value; mainly Subaru (Impreza) and Mitsubishi (RVR) and also waiting to see what the new Elantra and Ford Focus bring to the table. The cruze is also impressive but they don't offer a manual with the options I want. I've decided I don't want a mazda 3 or current civic and toyota, nissan and volkswagen have nothing that interest me. The new 2012 civic might be worth a look but that's quite far out and the cost of ownership outweighs the resale value. Anyhow the search continues. I'm not in any rush so just enjoying finding out what I can.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts