Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if anyone has heard anything relating to maybe a faster version of the SX other then the R package. I saw the 5 dr really not my thing. Would love to see a 2 dr koup pushing the high 200s to low 300s in hp. Maybe something close to a 14 sec 1/4 mile instead of mid 16s. Great car tho ive had my ex since nov of 2009. Driven a number of sx models aswell.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
mm small rumors about a turbo'd koup in like 2012 or something. my service manager said to just keep my eyes out cuz he heard the same thing but who knows. naturally, a turbo'd koup would cost much more and Turbokits.com has a turbo available that'll take it to about 250HP but i dont think its on the market yet. also KFX will have a turbo out next year for the koup. only time will tell

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
I chatted with the Service Writer when I picked up my Koup, and he said the Forte would not be getting that hot new 2.0 turbo that will be in the Optima and the new Sportage.

Something about not having enough room to put in adequate brakes. That sounds fishy, frankly, but I'd hate to think of the insurance premiums on a 275hp Koup...

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
well my dealer says 2012 will be G.D.I
no turbo that I'm aware of from kia.. but I get a feeling if you found a wrecked optima you could just swipe all the turbo goodness off of it.

or just buy the kit for TK if its out on the market at that point :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.