Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love how the interior is all black with red stitching on the SX, but has anyone ever looked up and seen the roof? Its so misleading to me... All intense and black on bottom then one glance up and I am instantly bothered!

Anyone had the same idea?? And if so how should one go about solving this problem??

·
Registered
104 Posts
reupholster the headliner... im lucky cuz my family trade is autobody repair.. so ive learned how to paint cars and fix the body and even reupholster the interior. thats really the only thing you can do. shouldn't be too expensive..

·
Registered
708 Posts
yea i hate it.. my ion is the same way .. it's like WTF!.. reupholster in suede fixes it though :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
is that why i look so big in the winter with out a tan? sheeze

suede that roof liner! and the a pillars it will look sick

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
is that why i look so big in the winter with out a tan? sheeze

suede that roof liner! and the a pillars it will look sick
LOL! And yep, that's the way I'm gonna go! Gotta find some quotes to do this.. wish me luck!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Quotes??? you can do it your self man... the vdub guys do it all the time to their golfs get some ultra suede from a fabric store pull the liner there is a special spray glue they use to hold properly.. spray, mount enjoy should cost you less then 100 do to it your self

·
Registered
585 Posts
Putting in a dark roofline will make your car feel and look dreary and gloomy - leave it the way it is. Theres nothing wrong with it after all - it convinced you to buy it in the first place. :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Putting in a dark roofline will make your car feel and look dreary and gloomy - leave it the way it is. Theres nothing wrong with it after all - it convinced you to buy it in the first place. :)
Ever seen a car with a dark / black roof liner? Man looks really good and make it look sportier IMO.

I personally don't mind the lighter roof liner, would I prefer it black? yes. Would I pay to have it darker, no. Also, what the about the pillars with the air bags? How do you deal with those?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Disconnect the battery terminals and when prying them off be very careful not to pull on the airbags themselves or to puncture them.. Also may sure your not giving a lot of static electricity or you could set them off....

·
Registered
39 Posts
crush u growing some balls and coming to the toronto meet in april ? lol we can blow off some air bags at the dealership for fun

i know guys that used to stand on them and set them off warranty ones out of vw lol

·
Registered
533 Posts
LMAO!!!! I would love too but it's not exactly in my budget.... I'd wanna see who fly's the furthest lol... and also who pisses themselves first lol... We'll play it like russian roulet first one to get popped looses lol... You go first....

·
Registered
39 Posts
oh buddy with my fat ass? that thing wont move... you would need a grenade to go off to move me lol

well i would be up for a cruise to see philly, get a cheese steak... see the rocky statue shit like that blow off some air bags lol never know

to stay on topic... dont touch the pillars unless you got balls of steel and a grounding strap lol

·
Registered
533 Posts
^^^ x2... My big ass would need a MAC truck to move me lol... Also, agreed on the pillars.. Pay a professional or take some extra extra care.. I did it once and was lucky and will never do it again...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts