Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I missed the UPS guy today but they left me a note that in order to get the package I need to pay $36.30 Brokerage C.O.D. Does anyone have any idea what this is?

I've ordered two things from DDM so I'm pretty sure this package is one of those, but I've ordered some LEDs for like $15 off of ebay so this could be from the ebay dude, I won't know until the gf comes home and I ask her. I'll update this thread tonight.

Did anyone else have to pay anything extra?

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
You'll learn the hard way why NOT to use UPS?? Next time ask your USA seller to use USPS!
I'm not sure but I think you can refuse to pay those broker fee but you'll have to pick up your package at the frontier UPS office!
GL

·
Registered
22 Posts
UPS is the highest for broker fees (legalized robbery). Fed ex is a little cheaper but if you ship with USPS there aren't any.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jesus... I'm not going to pay $36 broker fee for a $15 cable. That's ridiculous.

Can anyone advise me on what options I have available? The package wasn't delivered today (first try) because I wasn't home. I emailed DDM to see what they suggest.

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
Realize it's not DDM, it's UPS charging the fees.

I've got stung before by the brokerage fees getting stuff by UPS so now I always ask if they can ship via USPS (US Postal Service) and if they don't, I either don't buy or just add that to the cost before I order and decide if it's still worth it

·
Registered
348 Posts
I have ordered from DDM and they shipped USPS... it took about 10 days for the HID kit to reach me, and without any brokerage fees. FedEx used to also not charge as they had their own broker, but that changed a few years ago, I believe. UPS is the frigging devil with cross-border stuff, and I refuse to order from any website/vendor that makes them the only option.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts