Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to remove my front bumper to make it easy to install my new Hella Supertones.

Does anyone have a step by step?

In KGIS it's quite difficult to see everything that needs to be done.

I can't lift my car in my driveway so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
I know what it is like. I have been trying to figure the best way to take the bumper off as well. And I don't want to damage anything. If there is anyone out there that has done it already, please let us know.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
trial and error i get my hands on a koup bumper to put on my sedan call it done

·
Registered
68 Posts
I believe that there are 2 screws and 8 clips that need to be removed. This bumper is kind of hard to remove, so don't be afraid of accidently breaking anything. I thought that I was missing a hidden clip that was holding the bumper, because it's so tightly fit. It's easy, you don't need a DIY, trust me.

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I believe that there are 2 screws and 8 clips that need to be removed. This bumper is kind of hard to remove, so don't be afraid of accidently breaking anything. I thought that I was missing a hidden clip that was holding the bumper, because it's so tightly fit. It's easy, you don't need a DIY, trust me.
Thanks Unsure.

Where are the screws located? Are these clearly marked in KGIS?

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
WFT??? you have projectors??? take some pictures and post them up!! they look awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
i think he did that on purpose lol nice headlights

·
Registered
62 Posts

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
get this straight

Thanks unsure, lemme make sure I have this right.

1st pic: remove the 4 screws holding the grill

question: is there anything else prevent the grill from coming out? or is it just a pull after the 4 screws.

2nd pic. 4 screws underneath?

Question. At what point does the bumper want to fall off? I have a rough driveway (yes it's gonna suck) and I wanna be prepared for the "fall"

3rd pic
Is this a shot from the ground looking up and in? Is the screw holding the bumper in or is it unrelated?

Thanks so much for this!

Cheers

Darryl
Here, I snapped a couple of pictures real quick.
I hope this helps.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Thanks unsure, lemme make sure I have this right.

1st pic: remove the 4 screws holding the grill

question: is there anything else prevent the grill from coming out? or is it just a pull after the 4 screws.
After the top 4 screws there are 8 more screws holding the grill on. You have to pull the top part of the grill away enough to get you arm in there with a stubby phillips head to get them. Also... I'm not certain about this but to get the bumper off you may have to remove the headlights to reveal more bumper bolts(clips) along with the others already listed. I've removed a few front bumpers and its not really to hard to do- you just gotta find all the bolts (clips)! D if your just replacing the horn, removing just the grill will give you plenty of room to do so.

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Removing the grill only was not so bad to pull off, but to re-install it was a nightmare. I'd recommend removing the entire bumper/grill together to everyone.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Sorry D113 I didn't log in to site till now. I plan to take bumper off next month. I still have a few goodies coming.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts