Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 2nd Gen forte has the rubber sway bar (stabilizer bar) bushings up front attached to the subframe. I'd like to replace them with some more durable polyurethane ones if possible for longevity. Anyone know of any that would fit, perhaps from another vehicle? Looking for ones like in the picture.

I suppose my best bet is to measure and find a universal solution.
Tire Wood Automotive wheel system Auto part Wheel

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For a fun project, I replaced such bushings on my old Saturn.
I think I found them on Rock Auto? It's been several years.
Red poly ones 🙂
Was it worth it?

I've since done a decent amount, a few hours of research on this and have come to the conclusion that some poly bushings are hogh quality, but many can be crap and wear quicker than rubber.

I heard the for the front sway bar it can be worth it, but for any others it may not be worth it at all.
I did eventually take measurements and find one that fits. For anyone looking who finds this thread years later, these bushings will fit the 2014-2018 2nd gen forte:

The sway bar, stock, is 22mm thick. Approximately 75mm between each bolt (the two bolts that attach the bushing to the subframe). Actually one is a stud on the subframe the other is a bolt that goes into a hole on the subframe.

Not sure if I should put them in. My overall goal is longevity, and the least maintenance possible. My understanding is that you have to lube poly bushing periodically. Doesn't sound like fun to me. If it's easy I guess its not a big deal.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts