Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 20 of 226 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
lower

You can definitely do lowering springs. You might get it 1" lower but they will also be stiffer and handle better. Solid option if it's just your daily.

Not sure if they have aftermarket coilovers available for the 2019 model yet (welcome to the world of Kia!) but you can definitely ask around on some sites and see if some of the 2018 ones will fit.

check out k5 optima store.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Back in January, I contacted David at the K5 Optima store to ask the same question.

He suggested that I check out these, which list the 2019 Forte drop as 1.46" (front and rear):

https://www.k5optimastore.com/products/storm-lowering-springs?variant=16040522874931

I'm not familiar with Storm as a brand, so maybe someone else in this forum can share his/her experience (positive or negative) with Storm lowering springs. Hope so!

I am hoping there is a lowering option out there somewhere. Any body got a clue.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Bad ass car..were did u get the rear spoiler...ive been looking for one like that
eBay is your friend. Do you have an existing spoiler? Because I actually wanted this one because it sticks out a bit more:

eBay Spoiler 1 (From China)

However I have the GT which has an existing boot lip. Now I thought it was just double sided tape but KIA in their wisdom anchored it down with x5, yes x5, anchor points. x3 screws and x2 metal fasteners. I nearly broke my fingers prying it off. But after removing the factory lip, there were now x5 square holes on the trunk.

Luckily I purchased the spoiler you see on the car now, which was just long enough to cover up the openings.

eBay Spoiler 2 (From Korea)

Otherwise my initial spoiler, eBay Purchase 1, was too small to cover up the holes.

However if your Forte doesn't have a factory spoiler fitted either one should be fine.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The Forte shares the same suspension as the Elantra sedan (2015+ AD chasis). I got a set of Eibach springs which is made for either the Forte (BD) or the Elantra (AD).
View attachment 79478 View attachment 79479

I also saw on Facebook a BD sedan using BC Racing coilovers made for the Elanta.
You think you can put a link to the springs you bought?
Also, did you black out the bar that connects the rear tail lights or did you replace it to a blacked out one?

·
Registered
121 Posts
You think you can put a link to the springs you bought?
Unfortunately I got them through Pedders Suspension which in turn got them directly from Eibach Australia, so sorry about no link. However here is the part number if that helps any. Also, I was offered the option of 35mm front and rear, or 40mm front and 35mm rear. I opted for the 35/35 as the 40mm in front is getting into coilover territory.

Also, did you black out the bar that connects the rear tail lights or did you replace it to a blacked out one?
Yes. I couldn't find an easy way to remove and replace it, so I just ended up wrapping it in glossy black vinyl.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have a set of Brand new Storm lowering springs for the 2019 for sale $300 View attachment 79529
I was going to ask how it rides but just realized it's a brand new set. Because my 1st iteration had Storm springs before the mechanic crashed it during the test drive after installation. So I never got a chance to experience the ride quality.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was going to ask how it rides but just realized it's a brand new set. Because my 1st iteration had Storm springs before the mechanic crashed it during the test drive after installation. So I never got a chance to experience the ride quality.
Yeah I didn’t get the chance too try them but I heard a lot of good things about the ride quality

·
Registered
121 Posts
What exhaust are you running?
Since the generation is so new I couldn't wait for a company to come out with something specific for the new BD series nor explore what other applications would fit.
So I just had something custom made from a local exhaust shop with 2.5" piping and quad dark chrome tips. Since it's going to be a daily driver, I settled on an axle back for the time being. It gives a more loud growl on acceleration, but still quiet during idle and cruising. A lot of people get the same sound deleting the resonator.
The shop made a 3" one for me at first, but the loss in low end power was a bit too much. So went with 2.5" for the 2nd iteration (most Hyundai Veloster with the 1.6 turbo are 2.5"). It's a good compromise in getting a bit more response without losing too much low end.
I'm thinking for the next step going with catback (turbo back if I can find a tune for it).

·
Registered
24 Posts
The Forte shares the same suspension as the Elantra sedan (2015+ AD chasis). I got a set of Eibach springs which is made for either the Forte (BD) or the Elantra (AD).

I also saw on Facebook a BD sedan using BC Racing coilovers made for the Elanta.
Do you know if these will fit the FE model? I don't know if it's different from the gt.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Do you know if these will fit the FE model? I don't know if it's different from the gt.
I don't know if it's the same as the Australian Cerato, but on the GT it has multilink suspension in the rear as opposed to just a torsion beam.
That was also one of my concerns. But I asked around, and everyone has stated that multilink or torsion beam, it won't make a difference in the springs. So yes, this will fit the FE all the way to the GT.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I don't know if it's the same as the Australian Cerato, but on the GT it has multilink suspension in the rear as opposed to just a torsion beam.
That was also one of my concerns. But I asked around, and everyone has stated that multilink or torsion beam, it won't make a difference in the springs. So yes, this will fit the FE all the way to the GT.
Thanks Arith.

·
Registered
18 Posts

What size are your wheels/tires? And what are the offsets on the rims? I want to lower the car and get some new rims but I'm not sure what size I should get

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'm running 19x8.5 with a +42mm offset and 235/35 tires. No rubbing.
So whether you go with 18 or 19, stick with 8.5 and around 42-45mm offset.

1 - 20 of 226 Posts