Kia Forte Forum banner

201 - 220 of 221 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have the US spec 2020 Forte GT Manual (Left hand Drive).
I pulled the trigger on the Eibachs made for the Elantra Sport (not the GT).
https://eibach.com/us/2224/E10-42-046-02-22-HYUNDAI-Elantra-pro-kit
They list the Elantra as being lowered 1.4 in front and 1.1 in the rear.
I updated my post to add:

"NEWLY UPDATED NUMBERS ABOVE: After a month all corners dropped roughly another 0.25in (0.64cm)"

So the car has dropped a bit and looks better imo. I'll have to retake pics when the weather is right and she is washed:rolleyes:.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have a bit of a problem.

My plan was always to drop the car down some to help with the shift of weight backward with hard launches. Eibachs were my springs of choice until I saw a post on FB somebody asking who had them in-stock because it was listed on Eibachs own site that they are out of stock. I went to Summit Racing and they list the springs being back in stock 9/29.

I need them WAY before that.

I have pretty much decided on 225/45-17 Hoosier DR2 Drag Radials to use at the track. They are fractionally taller than the stock tires.

I also wanted to upgrade the wheels to remove some rotational mass from the car and for improved appearance. The wheels I want are way out of budget but I have some alternatives that should do the job and lowering the car will further improve how it looks.

The only springs that Eibach list in-stock are the Veloster Turbo/Rally Sportline which are lower than the Pro Kit. I really didn't want to tuck tire. The only other Eibachs available are for the Elantra GT N-Line/Sport, not sure if those will work if ordered.

What else is out there?

·
Registered
112 Posts
See if they have Eibach for the i30N. One of our Australian members just fitted them today. Not too bad.
View attachment 80521

Or what about the Whitelines? What's their stock availability?
View attachment 80522
See if they have Eibach for the i30N. One of our Australian members just fitted them today. Not too bad.
View attachment 80521

Or what about the Whitelines? What's their stock availability?
View attachment 80522
As far as understand it, the Elantra GT N-Line is the same as the i30 N-Line both are the Hatchback/Wagon.

If those work I can get them sooner. My guess is that Eibach reserves some stock for their large wholesale customers like Summit Racing. I can get the Elantra Sport springs like on Wifeismad's car but they won't be delivered until the end of the month.

I wanted to attend a track event so I can some track testing in next Friday. If I order now, I can get the N-Line springs by Monday, the Elantra Sport by the 30th.

While Line as stated by Hamster are out of stock. Their springs are made in Germany, I wonder who as the major spring companies KW, H&R and Eibach are all German based companies.

The spring rate would be higher with the i30/Elantra N-Line because of the wagon configuration, which might be an advantage drag racing, not that much but every little bit helps.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Looks good. The back seems to have settled down a bit more while the fronts don't seem to have changed?

Btw, did your springs come with bumpstops? According to the picture you posted of the springs in the box, it came with x2 yellow bumpstops?
It's hard to tell with the shadows from the sun. Measurement wise though both front and rear dropped .25 inch in settling.

The kit came with 2 bump stops. The rears were replaced and the fronts were trimmed 20mm. Here is a link to the install instructions.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Are there track test coilovers for the GT independent suspension? when I say track tested I mean road coarse not drag strip.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm really curious to how low my car will be. Whiteline advertised that their springs lower an I30 by 30mm. You friend says it lowered his Forte by 40mm. My springs are H & R and lower an I30 by 35mm advertised. Your friends car looks really low for a set of springs. I'm excited!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
So what are the part numbers for your H&R springs? Have you fitted them, pics?

I have H&R for my Cerato/Forte:
H&R I/M 28866 VA (F) - Kia Ceed 25mm
H&R V/O 28902 HA (R) - Rear for Hyundai Veloster 25mm

So should be like 30/35mm in the Cerato/Forte?

201 - 220 of 221 Posts