Kia Forte Forum banner

221 - 240 of 260 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've been searching for coilovers for my GT-Line and came across these. Is anyone currently running them? Or are there any other coilover options you guys recommend?

·
Registered
2019 Cerato
89 Posts
I also will like to know review on this but u see as the car spanking new I would like some reputable brands like Tien to come out with something for our cars these aren't cheap alternative anyways ,I'd rather wait and see what come out later on ,btw I have dropped my car but cutting and modifying the shocks and springs

·
Registered
4 Posts
I also will like to know review on this but u see as the car spanking new I would like some reputable brands like Tien to come out with something for our cars these aren't cheap alternative anyways ,I'd rather wait and see what come out later on ,btw I have dropped my car but cutting and modifying the shocks and springs
Yeah I want to wait for a better brand, but I also don't want to be on stock suspension since I'm planning on buying a new wheel setup. Did you modify the stock shocks and springs?

·
Registered
1 Posts
See if they have Eibach for the i30N. One of our Australian members just fitted them today. Not too bad.
View attachment 80521

Or what about the Whitelines? What's their stock availability?
View attachment 80522
Here's more pictures of an Australian owner with Whiteline springs on his GT. This is after the springs have settled. Wheels appear almost tucked. This would be a good option for anyone looking to go lower than Eibachs without paying for coilovers.
View attachment 80416
View attachment 80417
Would the Whiteline Springs fit a Non-GT? I’m sure the GT’s suspension components are different from the LXS models.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Would the Whiteline Springs fit a Non-GT? I’m sure the GT’s suspension components are different from the LXS models.
The GT has IRS while the non-GT's have the torsion beam. The springs will fit, but it's not going to lower it properly. There are companies that have non-GT springs and coilovers.

·
Registered
11 Posts
picked up a blue forte gt 2 weeks ago and just want to drop a few lines to say what's up to forte buddies first and then i'll drop the car next .. debating between Eibach springs or DGR coilover .. love the look of those cars on here that's lowered.

·
Registered
213 Posts
picked up a blue forte gt 2 weeks ago and just want to drop a few lines to say what's up to forte buddies first and then i'll drop the car next .. debating between Eibach springs or DGR coilover .. love the look of those cars on here that's lowered.
If you have the budget, definitely coilovers. I would have opted for coilovers but at the time the only choice for me were the Eibachs. But coilovers will let you lower it to the exact amount you want. No mucking around nor having to predict how much it will lower. You're in control of how much it's lowered. Plus when you feel like it, you can lower or raise it when the situation calls for it without needing new springs.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Coilovers especially need maintenance. If you live where it rains and snows often and aren't the type to change your oil, etc. I would just get springs; You will also miss lots of the objects that will crash into your front splitter.

My car is lowered on White line Springs.

·
Registered
11 Posts
what do you mean by coilovers especially need maintenance? also, i do live at a place where it rain and snow sometime. I'm new to this and still exploring my options on a budget for daily driver .. still thinking about the coilover though.

·
Registered
128 Posts
what do you mean by coilovers especially need maintenance? also, i do live at a place where it rain and snow sometime. I'm new to this and still exploring my options on a budget for daily driver .. still thinking about the coilover though.
For one they need to be greased to keep them from rusting. Also to keep them easy to adjust. Otherwise they'll sqeeak and make other noises over time. Since you live where it rains and snows then this is type of maintenance is mandatory otherwise your investment will not last that long.

Plus if you are not a careful driver and have experience driving a lowered car I would get springs. You can always sell them to help offset the cost of coilovers later.

·
Registered
213 Posts
i'll let the coilovers handle this haha .. i also want that front lips from air design like your car Nitrousgodz
Lol. You and me both.

For one they need to be greased to keep them from rusting. Also to keep them easy to adjust. Otherwise they'll sqeeak and make other noises over time. Since you live where it rains and snows then this is type of maintenance is mandatory otherwise your investment will not last that long.
Thanks for the info! I guess coming from Sydney, Australia I've never had to deal with maintenance issues because the weather is usually fair with no snow.

Plus if you are not a careful driver and have experience driving a lowered car I would get springs. You can always sell them to help offset the cost of coilovers later.
Yes, attack everything that's slightly elevated at an angle. It's all about the angle of attack.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Coilovers especially need maintenance. If you live where it rains and snows often and aren't the type to change your oil, etc. I would just get springs; You will also miss lots of the objects that will crash into your front splitter.

My car is lowered on White line Springs.

View attachment 80704
Did you use the i30n springs? Any issues? I'm getting a killer deal on em, just wanna make sure it's the i30n springs. White line usa is literally right down the street from me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good luck! I'm curious on whether the American Forte has a slightly higher stock ride height than the Australian Forte (Cerato). And whether the springs will have the same stance.

Btw I got new 20" wheels so here is the stance with the Eibachs.
View attachment 80215

View attachment 80216
Hey, can I ask you which rims and tires do you have?
I really like them and would like to know more info.
Thanks

221 - 240 of 260 Posts