Kia Forte Forum banner

241 - 260 of 264 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hey, can I ask you which rims and tires do you have?
I really like them and would like to know more info.
Thanks
The wheel brand is called V8, the model is V-14 in 20x8.5 with a +45mm offset. The tires are 235/30-20 Lexani LX-20. Not sure if they're available in North America but you should be able to find a similar style.

·
Registered
2021 forte gt w/ gt2 package
3 Posts
Can you send link for the badges, your car is amazing i hope i can make mine as clean as yours after this winter

·
Registered
215 Posts
Can you send link for the badges, your car is amazing i hope i can make mine as clean as yours after this winter
Not sure who you're addressing but I guess I'll jump in and throw out a link for the badges

If you want other designs or styles, the important thing is the size. They don't make an exact fit for the new gen Forte, so you'll have to make do with the previous gen badges. It's a bit smaller so you'll have tiny gaps but it's not apparent.

Front 110mm x 56mm
Rear 129mm x 65mm

·
Registered
129 Posts
Did you use the i30n springs? Any issues? I'm getting a killer deal on em, just wanna make sure it's the i30n springs. White line usa is literally right down the street from me.
Yes those are the springs, I got mine from Tire Rack they were blowing them out, under $200 for a set.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Speaking of coilovers, I found this Facebook post a while ago when I was researching how to lower my Forte.

A suspension shop in Singapore installed BC Racing coilovers on a new generation non-GT. When I asked them which application they used, they said they installed coilovers meant for the 2017 Hyundai Elantra (the AD series). While the front looks great, I was worried about the rear. Because even with coilovers shouldn't they be able to lower it as much as they wanted? Yet the rears in the picture look either unlowered or hardly lowered at all.

They never got back to me on why the rears are still so high. Not sure if it's because Singapore had bad roads or that's the max they could get it to go on the rear for a non-GT.
So now I'm thinking perhaps even getting coilovers may or may not solve this dilemma.

View attachment 80257
Could be an optical illusion BUT the rear wheel looks smaller in diameter then the front wheel...like 16" Vs 19"!

·
Registered
2 Posts
The Forte shares the same suspension as the Elantra sedan (2015+ AD chasis). I got a set of Eibach springs which is made for either the Forte (BD) or the Elantra (AD).
View attachment 79478 View attachment 79479

I also saw on Facebook a BD sedan using BC Racing coilovers made for the Elanta.
Unfortunately I got them through Pedders Suspension which in turn got them directly from Eibach Australia, so sorry about no link. However here is the part number if that helps any. Also, I was offered the option of 35mm front and rear, or 40mm front and 35mm rear. I opted for the 35/35 as the 40mm in front is getting into coilover territory.
View attachment 79516

Yes. I couldn't find an easy way to remove and replace it, so I just ended up wrapping it in glossy black vinyl.
so I searched for the part number that you provided but it shows as a veloster?

·
Registered
215 Posts
so I searched for the part number that you provided but it shows as a veloster?
That's correct. If you keep reading through the threads, there are no springs specific to the Forte. Forte springs can use springs from other models such as the Veloster, i30, and Elantra. I guess Eibach figured why re-invent the wheel when they can use springs from other models that fit. But this is good for Forte owners as they can pick which springs to use as each will provide a different level of lowering.

·
Registered
103 Posts
That's correct. If you keep reading through the threads, there are no springs specific to the Forte. Forte springs can use springs from other models such as the Veloster, i30, and Elantra. I guess Eibach figured why re-invent the wheel when they can use springs from other models that fit. But this is good for Forte owners as they can pick which springs to use as each will provide a different level of lowering.
But being in the US (and certain other regions perhaps) and if I wanted to properly lower my non-GT 2019+ Forte with only springs, I would get the Storm lowering springs made for this car.

·
Registered
215 Posts
But being in the US (and certain other regions perhaps) and if I wanted to properly lower my non-GT 2019+ Forte with only springs, I would get the Storm lowering springs made for this car.
Yes, sorry. What I referenced was for the GT model only. For non-GT's it's either the Storm springs. Or, as I've been told, the Eibach Pro-Kit model E10-42-039-01-22 which is for the Elantra (AD series).

·
Registered
33 Posts

241 - 260 of 264 Posts