Kia Forte Forum banner

21 - 40 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
2019 cerato/forte
65 Posts
The Forte shares the same suspension as the Elantra sedan (2015+ AD chasis). I got a set of Eibach springs which is made for either the Forte (BD) or the Elantra (AD).
View attachment 79478 View attachment 79479

I also saw on Facebook a BD sedan using BC Racing coilovers made for the Elanta.
I also wish to be lowered btw I am not from the USA ..just in case u ask

Send me the link of the springs u used thanks

·
Registered
81 Posts
Any idea if these will work as well I am a cerato ex ...1.6 non turbo ...
Well it's still an Elantra AD series so it should fit. The springs I have are for the 2019 Hyunda Veloster, which also fits. I've also been told the turbo and non-turbo models use the same springs so it should be ok.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The Forte shares the same suspension as the Elantra sedan (2015+ AD chasis). I got a set of Eibach springs which is made for either the Forte (BD) or the Elantra (AD).
View attachment 79478 View attachment 79479

I also saw on Facebook a BD sedan using BC Racing coilovers made for the Elanta.
Good morning I have a car like this and I’d like to know where can I get the exact lowering springs that you used,I live in the Caribbean so I’ll have to order it online can you assist me?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Good morning I have a car like this and I’d like to know where can I get the exact lowering springs that you used,I live in the Caribbean so I’ll have to order it online can you assist me?
Sorry, I'm living in Australia myself so won't be of much help. Just search online for places in America that will ship to the Caribbean.
Just as long as it is the same part number: E10-42-047-01-22
it should fit.
You can try places like EibachShop - Eibach offer, springs, suspension kits, spacers. But it is better that you order from North America as it is closer and shipping will be cheaper. However I don't live in the USA so can't recommend any place. Perhaps one of the owners on this forum who live in the US can help. Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry, I'm living in Australia myself so won't be of much help. Just search online for places in America that will ship to the Caribbean.
Just as long as it is the same part number: E10-42-047-01-22
it should fit.
You can try places like EibachShop - Eibach offer, springs, suspension kits, spacers. But it is better that you order from North America as it is closer and shipping will be cheaper. However I don't live in the USA so can't recommend any place. Perhaps one of the owners on this forum who live in the US can help. Good luck!
Thank you very much for your assistance the part number for the springs was a great help I’ve got a supplier in my country who sourced the springs for me at an affordable price,the only thing is that the supplier is saying that the springs are noted for the Hyundai Veloster,with the same part number you provided

·
Registered
81 Posts
Thank you very much for your assistance the part number for the springs was a great help I’ve got a supplier in my country who sourced the springs for me at an affordable price,the only thing is that the supplier is saying that the springs are noted for the Hyundai Veloster,with the same part number you provided
Yes, that's right. Hyundai and Kia are pretty much interchangeable. The same springs will fit the 2015+ Hyundai Elantra, 2019+ Hyundai Veloster, and the 2020+ Kia Forte

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yes, that's right. Hyundai and Kia are pretty much interchangeable. The same springs will fit the 2015+ Hyundai Elantra, 2019+ Hyundai Veloster, and the 2020+ Kia Forte
I guess that means either of these two should work also?

I read something about "bump stops"? Do they have to be cut and replaced with new ones?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I guess that means either of these two should work also?

I read something about "bump stops"? Do they have to be cut and replaced with new ones?
Don't know about he Megan springs as you'l want the 2017+ Elantra application (the AD chasis). The Godspeed springs might work.
I can't say for other brand springs, only the Eibachs. The model number that I used, E10-42-047-01-22, is for the Hyundai Veloster (2019+) so that's all I can safely guarantee at this point.

But yes, the Eibachs did come with it's own shortened bump stop. So if the other brands don't, you may need to trim the bump stop.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Don't know about he Megan springs as you'l want the 2017+ Elantra application (the AD chasis). The Godspeed springs might work.
I can't say for other brand springs, only the Eibachs. The model number that I used, E10-42-047-01-22, is for the Hyundai Veloster (2019+) so that's all I can safely guarantee at this point.

But yes, the Eibachs did come with it's own shortened bump stop. So if the other brands don't, you may need to trim the bump stop.
Interesting and good to know! Thanks for the info!

I checked out the Eibach installation manual and it says the kit includes two rear bump stops but does require trimming the stock front ones 20mm. I wonder if shops generally have to do some bump stop maths and trimming whenever they're doing lowering spring installations. Guess I'll have to ask my mechanic what he knows about this.

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hey guys, I just spent the last couple of days researching lowering springs and I found out that for those of us who only want a modest drop of 1.5" or less, we have to go with the Eibach or Storm springs.

This is because the same springs will lower a Forte much more than they will lower a Veloster, so if you get Veloster springs that lower a Veloster 1.4", you will get at least 2"--maybe 2.5" who knows--on your Forte. Lowering that much, as many of us know, introduces all sorts of problems with alignment and tire wear.

You can see evidence that the same springs will lower a Forte more than they will lower a Veloster below. The Eibach kits for the Veloster and the Elantra GT are the exact same, yet they lower the Veloster 0.8 inches and the Elantra 1.3/1.2 inches in front and rear respectively.

So you have to stick with either of these two kits unless you want to go lower. Forget spending less on Godspeed springs that will lower a Veloster 1.4", because your Forte will be so low you'll have to make other modifications and adjustments. Now if you WANNA go that low, knock yourself out with the Godspeed kit.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Forte GT Line
6 Posts
Sorry, not sure what you're referring to. I haven't changed anything to the front end.
I meant to say that to the other fellow with that white cerato he has i front splitter i believe , im looking for one but its hard to find them here in the states

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm running 19x8.5 with a +42mm offset and 235/35 tires. No rubbing.
So whether you go with 18 or 19, stick with 8.5 and around 42-45mm offset.
I wonder what 18x8 with a 35 offset would look like 🤔

21 - 40 of 153 Posts