Kia Forte Forum banner

141 - 160 of 201 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Here's what my car looks like after driving for 5 days with about 110 lbs of stuff in the trunk. First is with the stuff still in the trunk, second is with an empty trunk. It's OK but I wish it was a little lower.

Reactions: Nitrousgodz

·
Registered
88 Posts
@RickySchade I think u posted on the wrong thread ...lol...this is the our regular one
I really wanted to keep the discussion here, especially since you already linked this thread in the other thread.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Here's what my car looks like after driving for 5 days with about 110 lbs of stuff in the trunk. First is with the stuff still in the trunk, second is with an empty trunk. It's OK but I wish it was a little lower.
Hmm, it hasn't settled that much. It looks decent with the stuff in the trunk. But just a tad too high without it. Almost stock in appearance which would bother me, as I'm sure it does you. Lowered in front, stock in back. That's what people will be thinking unfortunately.
Ok, what to do? You can change the rear tires to 235/40-18, which should give you another 0.25" in tire diameter and reduce the fender gap. Alternatively you can reset just the rear springs to lower it another 0.5" or so.
Not ideal to keep leaving stuff in your trunk to give it a lowered appearance as it will affect handling and fuel consumption.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hmm, it hasn't settled that much. It looks decent with the stuff in the trunk. But just a tad too high without it. Almost stock in appearance which would bother me, as I'm sure it does you. Lowered in front, stock in back. That's what people will be thinking unfortunately.
Ok, what to do? You can change the rear tires to 235/40-18, which should give you another 0.25" in tire diameter and reduce the fender gap. Alternatively you can reset just the rear springs to lower it another 0.5" or so.
Not ideal to keep leaving stuff in your trunk to give it a lowered appearance as it will affect handling and fuel consumption.
Man you're making me feel bad 😭 LOL

I posted on a big local car tuning forum and the owner of the forum--who also owns a shop--said this:

"Heating springs never get them equal in height and causes the coils to have differing spring rates.
In my shop forum there are plenty of articles about why I don't heat coils and why
no one else reliably can heat the coils either. It has been that way for many years."

...wellllppppp... I might just give the Godspeed springs a try after all.

·
Registered
2019 Cerato
80 Posts
Hey dont feel bad man .....we all trying different things to see what works ...and still gives a decent ride .....the car is Soo new we prob are the first to experiment...cuz I did some more stuff and yes ...it's always I never worked on one like it ...
IMG_20200709_212809.jpg
IMG_20200709_184859.jpg
IMG_20200709_124436.jpg

·
Registered
109 Posts
One of our Australian owners just lowered his Cerato/Forte GT with Whiteline springs. Supposed to be a 1.57" lowering (40mm).

Looks lower than the Eibachs since the Eibachs are only 1.18" (30mm).

·
Registered
2019 Cerato
80 Posts
Yes all our cars come from Japan or Korea right hand drive so yupe @Arith my car is almost just like yours ....just mine is fully loaded to Caribbean spec which means half of the stuff missing lol ....and it's also called the cerato.

·
Registered
2019 Cerato
80 Posts
I may
One of our Australian owners just lowered his Cerato/Forte GT with Whiteline springs. Supposed to be a 1.57" lowering (40mm).

View attachment 80346
View attachment 80347
I'll Buy this when I am ready it was a big contender in my list for now I work Will the springs I got till I decide .......looks really good to...th back looks a bit low tho and that's without weight in the trunk. 🤔

·
Registered
88 Posts

It's pretty obvious at this point that the different suspension/weight of the GT and non-GT means that lowering springs won't work the same for these different platforms. We'll see what Veloster N 1.4" lowering springs do to non-GTs soon enough!

Reactions: Arith

·
Registered
2019 Cerato
80 Posts
It's pretty obvious at this point that the different suspension/weight of the GT and non-GT means that lowering springs won't work the same for these different platforms. We'll see what Veloster N 1.4" lowering springs do to non-GTs soon enough!
Ooh boy....👀

·
Registered
2019 Cerato
80 Posts
Yesterday I went to align and camber the wheels back to factory spec as I was advised to do after the drop...the driver side both alignment and camber was off so it was reset .....the car drove really nice after like it was to stock height lol ...just on the low ...I am absolutely happy with the outcome once I did everything they advised I got back an almost stock ride quality

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yesterday I went to align and camber the wheels back to factory spec as I was advised to do after the drop...the driver side both alignment and camber was off so it was reset .....the car drove really nice after like it was to stock height lol ...just on the low ...I am absolutely happy with the outcome once I did everything they advised I got back an almost stock ride quality
If it works, don't worry about it. Most people advise against resetting the springs because a lot of people lower it to the extreme and destroy the ride quality, the springs, and the suspension. But in moderation it should be ok.

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
98 Posts
So I got a set of Coilovers from ebay. Rev9 hyper II. They feel fine. Not too bouncy but they didn't have sway bar links and I feel like the stock ones are too long. Any suggestions? View attachment 80365
whiteline or superpro have a set available for the Forte. you can cross reference with a 17-20 Hyundai Elantra Sport / Avante SR

·
Registered
109 Posts
So I got a set of Coilovers from ebay. Rev9 hyper II. They feel fine. Not too bouncy but they didn't have sway bar links and I feel like the stock ones are too long. Any suggestions?
I've installed Whiteline 22mm rear sways on my GT. They have 24mm as well but I didn't want to go that extreme.

This is from Whiteline Australia but you can probably grab the part number to ensure you get the right one:

141 - 160 of 201 Posts