Kia Forte Forum banner

161 - 180 of 201 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Somewhat of a useless update on my big lowering spring blunder: The Godspeed Veloster N springs are cancelled. I researched spring rates used for lowering different types of Fortes, Elantras and Velosters and the Veloster N lowering spring rate is WAY too high, there is no way they will lower a non-GT Forte. Hell they're so sprung I'm afraid they'll damage the car. I am contemplating trying their Elantra 11-16 springs instead, they look like they'll fit and the spring rate is low enough that a 1+ inch drop makes sense.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yeah, I think all owners of the non-GT should just go straight to the Rev9 Hyper-Street II coilovers. According to the description they were made for the non-GT Forte with the torsion beam.
I say stop wasting money on experimenting on what works and what doesn't and just invest in coilovers where you control how much you lower the car.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yeah, I think all owners of the non-GT should just go straight to the Rev9 Hyper-Street II coilovers. According to the description they were made for the non-GT Forte with the torsion beam.
I say stop wasting money on experimenting on what works and what doesn't and just invest in coilovers where you control how much you lower the car.
I wish it was that easy, but if I get the coilovers, not only do I need $500 for them, but also another few hundred for installation, setup and alignment. That will take a couple of months to save up for. Meanwhile I can give the Godspeeds a try right away for $135 plus free installation. For me, it makes sense to at least give it a shot.

Reactions: Arith

·
Registered
109 Posts
I wish it was that easy, but if I get the coilovers, not only do I need $500 for them, but also another few hundred for installation, setup and alignment. That will take a couple of months to save up for. Meanwhile I can give the Godspeeds a try right away for $135 plus free installation. For me, it makes sense to at least give it a shot.
Free install? That's pretty good then.

·
Registered
2019 Cerato
80 Posts
@RickySchade there are no suspension /customization shop that can modify the springs from eibach u already have ?? If $$ is low u can see to get cheaper options .....if the shops cost more to do the work then by all means try another spring set ....but after my spring and shocks go bad and I must change I'll go to coilovers myself to avoid the stress by then hopefully there will be more options for us .
Don't stress yourself the front is already lowered so just the back

·
Registered
109 Posts
The back looks lowered cause there are 4 stock rims+tires in the trunk and back seat :LOL:
I just found out some interesting info. According to a local Australian Kia/Hyundai Performance Parts seller (Cherry Tuning & Performance), he said for the non-GT Forte/Cerato's with the torsion beam, Eibach springs made for the 2016+ Hyundai i30/Elantra (AD) should fit as they have the torsion beam as well.

Part Number is: E10-42-039-01-22.

Not sure what you can do with this information since you've already got springs, but I guess for anyone wanting Eibachs for the non-GT in the future.

·
Registered
88 Posts
So I know I said I wasn't even gonna try the Veloster N springs, but I had already ordered them and they are here now, so I decided to try them out.

First, here are pics of rear stock Forte springs vs Veloster N 1.4" lowering springs:

Here is a comment from someone on Next Gen Forte Club @ FB: "I have godspeed springs. They were alot shorter than my stock springs too. I didn't even need alignment afterwards. Been on few thousand over year and all even tire wear and no wheel pull. Mine was a 1.5 front and a 1.4 rear. I also used godspeed Veloster springs... I'm a 2016 tho. I bet those stock springs squish down a good bit at first which is why they're longer."

Gonna have my mechanic throw one of these on and do both if it works out!

Reactions: Arith

·
Registered
2019 Cerato
80 Posts
Yes they are torsion beams and Soo far they all did the exact thing as me ..went to a customization shop and either swapped out thier original spring for the cut ones or they cut thier own ...either way ....no one so far has bought aftermarket springs or coilovers .....

·
Registered
2019 Kia Forte LXS
2 Posts
Hey I just lowered my 2019 LXS on Storm Lowering Springs, Handles alot better and Rides just as good as stock. But they claim a 1.47 inch drop all around. I am not new to cars and modding at all.. but I have always been on Coilovers.. So how long do I have to wait for the Springs to settle??

·
Registered
2019 Cerato
80 Posts
Wait about a week .....but send us a pic and look at older post in this thread u may see that others got different results ..

·
Registered
2019 Kia Forte LXS
2 Posts
Wait about a week .....but send us a pic and look at older post in this thread u may see that others got different results ..
Haha I will be sending pics once it settles and I get around to washing my car. Finding this Forum was the reason I wanted to lower my car to be honest.. Ive been studying this thread since day one

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hey I just lowered my 2019 LXS on Storm Lowering Springs, Handles alot better and Rides just as good as stock. But they claim a 1.47 inch drop all around. I am not new to cars and modding at all.. but I have always been on Coilovers.. So how long do I have to wait for the Springs to settle??
That's great to hear. Would love to see some pictures, and find out if you they have a GT and non-GT line up. I originally got Storm springs when I first started because Eibach didn't have anything for the GT but I never got to enjoy them so I'm curious on finding out more about them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
before_install.jpg

after_install.jpg

Hello fellow humans,

Top is stock
Bottom with eibach

Finally got around to getting it lowered... after spying on this thread for a good couple of months.

Stock is damn scarce down here in this covid lockdown.

This was the set I had installed: E10-42-040-02-22 for 20mm front /30mm back drop (thanks CTP for install!!)

Slightly less than the Veloster kit Arith mentioned, but I measured the back and front and was happy with a 20/30 drop.

It's settled quite a bit since I last took the photo but I'll post an update on how it settles after a week or so.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Finally got around to getting it lowered... after spying on this thread for a good couple of months.

Stock is damn scarce down here in this covid lockdown.

This was the set I had installed: E10-42-040-02-22 for 20mm front /30mm back drop (thanks CTP for install!!)

Slightly less than the Veloster kit Arith mentioned, but I measured the back and front and was happy with a 20/30 drop.

It's settled quite a bit since I last took the photo but I'll post an update on how it settles after a week or so.
Looks good! I checked the part number and that one is made for the Hyundai i30, so it's good to know what applications will fit the Forte and what it lowers the Forte by. Btw love the red accents.

161 - 180 of 201 Posts