Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for a rear window diffuser like the ones on evo's anyone no who has em? thanks

·
Registered
696 Posts
I found one company that sells them, but it's about $300. Let me know if you find anything.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
He is talking about the tiny fins thingy that sits at the top of the rear window and breaks up the air flowing from over the roof and down the window. I have seen it on one of the korean sites but I cannot find it now.

You can see it on the back window of this Evo.

·
Registered
696 Posts
The technical name for the part is "vortex generator". But yes, it essentially breaks up the airflow over the vehicle.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
He is talking about the tiny fins thingy that sits at the top of the rear window and breaks up the air flowing from over the roof and down the window. I have seen it on one of the korean sites but I cannot find it now.

You can see it on the back window of this Evo.

ah ha- i see what you are talking about now-
and in all my hunting around looking at kia goodies- i've yet to see anything like that - closest are those 3 links i posted....

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
lol there is a couple of rear window spoilers on ebay.
Don't think its what your looking for thou

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ya Mfury is right on as to what i want.... it would b sweet to find one that also doubled as my antenna so i could get ride of the unicorn horn lol

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
you could just get a stubby antenna for the time being. i think theyre like 9 bucks? ebay has them. i did that and then i eventually got the sharkfin antenna

·
Registered
696 Posts
Here is a mock up of what they look like. Haven't permanently mounted them yet, but about to... Yes/No??

And yes,they are supposed to be slanted towards the middle. Aerodynamics and what not...

Edit: I'm also considering them on the top edge of the rear window, trying to decide what looks best...

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i think it looks really good.... i think it might look even better if it was on a black strip across the back.... but im planning on getting a black top ne ways so it will probally look just the same

you could order a strip of the carbon fiber sticker thing and mount it on that... might look good

·
Registered
453 Posts
post a pic of them on the window

·
Registered
696 Posts
I decided to mount them on the window after doing a little research. Where they are on my car as opposed to the EVO is roughly the same, given the window placement, angle, etc. Plus, to me, they blend in better with the window than on the bright red roof and will be easier to remove should I want to. Took some delicate work with tape, tape measure and the included angle template, and voila! They look good to me and the spacing is dead on.

Thoughts?

PS - My wife would like for me to acknowledge that this would not have been possible without her help. Indeed, she was a fantastic helper. :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
looks great , i like it and i think ill get it for my koup too
but try to give us a picture from far how it looks like with the whole car so we can give u our opinion

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i think it looks really really good.... where did u get them again?

·
Registered
696 Posts
Got them off of Amazon.com, but they are from that Vortekz company. It was a ten pack of them for $20. Comes with two templates to measure out the degrees and such. I was a bit wary at first, but now that I have them on, they actually look pretty good IMO.

I'll get more pictures today.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts