Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was just curious if anyone played with any nitrous systems on the 2.4L motor wet and dry? Just curious.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ahh ic nitrous is an easy way to get power but can be dangerous when not properly run. And costly when ya gotta refill the bottle all time. Better off spending money on a supercharger or turbo at least that will pay itself off lol

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Ahh ic nitrous is an easy way to get power but can be dangerous when not properly run. And costly when ya gotta refill the bottle all time. Better off spending money on a supercharger or turbo at least that will pay itself off lol
Yes. It is safe when run right. When running nitrous, you need a wideband, scan gauge, and a good nitrous controller. Mine monitors boost, rpm, gear, and a/f and WOT. A turbo and supercharger chan be just as or more dangerous than n20 if not tuned properly. Washed out rings from running rich or blowing up your motor from running to lean. Any MAJOR change in o2 or fuel can result badly, or great!! :D

Shout out to my n20 sponsor Harris Speed Works, and LA performance!! This is the controller i use, and i love it!!

Harris Speed Works :: Nitrous Controllers :: Nitrous Window Switches & Timing Controllers :: The MicroEdge Nitrous Controller

·
Registered
973 Posts
Yes. It is safe when run right. When running nitrous, you need a wideband, scan gauge, and a good nitrous controller. Mine monitors boost, rpm, gear, and a/f and WOT. A turbo and supercharger chan be just as or more dangerous than n20 if not tuned properly. Washed out rings from running rich or blowing up your motor from running to lean. Any MAJOR change in o2 or fuel can result badly, or great!! :D

Shout out to my n20 sponsor Harris Speed Works, and LA performance!! This is the controller i use, and i love it!!

Harris Speed Works*::*Nitrous Controllers*::*Nitrous Window Switches & Timing Controllers*::*The MicroEdge Nitrous Controller

niiiiice I've always wondered if you can set up nitrous to only operate in a certain window of rpm, now I see you can
very fancy
that way you aren't using up the bottle just driving around town, it'll be just like being out of boost and then getting in boost when you want to get on it=]

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
you can run up to 75hp shot with out tune and without weakening any internal parts I can testifie to that

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
niiiiice I've always wondered if you can set up nitrous to only operate in a certain window of rpm, now I see you can
very fancy
that way you aren't using up the bottle just driving around town, it'll be just like being out of boost and then getting in boost when you want to get on it=]
If a lean/rich/rpm/ or gear condition (stuck solenoid, miss-shift, over boost, ect) you can choose how many milliseconds you want to wait untill it sprays again, or if it does at all. Bottle temp affects pressure, and delivery. A GOOD nitrous system will cost about 1000$. You can get a kit (cough harris speed works 325) but i HIGHLY suggest getting it tuned. You tune it with jets.

I only have mine spray in 3rd and 4th only from 3-6k. from 11-13 a/f. If any of those parameters don't jive, there is no juice. There are awesome controllers, they are just quite pricey. Bottom line is juice is safe if run correctly. And i am a n20 junkie. nothing like the hammer hitting @ 85 and spinning tires down the highway.

·
Registered
708 Posts

Harris Speed Works*::*Nitrous Controllers*::*Nitrous Window Switches & Timing Controllers*::*The MicroEdge Nitrous Controller

exactly.. those are really the key to any sort of extra induction wideband scan gauge and something to control pressure if need be and a good tune lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts