Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i searched the forum alot, and searched the internet, but couldn't find any Custom sub boxes. Anyone here made or bought a Custom Subwoofer box/enclosure for the Koup. I was thinking of something to save space. Especially if its fiberglass and goes in the right part of the trunk? I am thinking of something like the ones below? So any one with them in a KOUP

On a Lexus IS with a 12" woofer

and
Honda Accord with a 10" woofer

and in a Jetta

·
Registered
117 Posts
Go look at some youtube videos on fiberglass sub boxes. I made one for my wrx and everyone thought it was aftermarket. you should be able to find everything you need for the job at wal-mart. I was gonna make one for my koup but Im looking to sale it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
i made a small box to sit in between the back seats. the box is for a 8 inch kicker l7. and i got it amarguarded so it doesnt stick out like a sore thumb in my car

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm crossing my fingers hoping JL comes out with a Stealthbox for the Forte Koup soon. They just came out with one for the Soul so maybe if we flood them with e-mails they'll start working on one for the Forte :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
I am going to see a guy this weekend about upgrading my stereo and he does custom sub boxes. I will let everyone know what he says the cost would be for one in different areas of the trunk. I was thinking of doing a wheel well one.
If anyone wants one in a different area and needs an approx. quote, pm me so I can get back to you on what he says. Maybe he can make one modelling it off my Koup and then ship it off.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I was going to try to put a 15 or 18 in the spare tire tire compartment somehow but it was too much work and I ended up just doing a simple box...it would be out of the way and completely hidden, but would just raise the floor of the trunk a little. idk how exactly to execute this but maybe you could look into it

·
Registered
142 Posts
I was going to try to put a 15 or 18 in the spare tire tire compartment somehow but it was too much work and I ended up just doing a simple box...it would be out of the way and completely hidden, but would just raise the floor of the trunk a little. idk how exactly to execute this but maybe you could look into it
You're never going to fit an 18" in the forte trunk in the correct box, unless its a low powered sealed box setup, and in that case you would probably still have to build the box inside the trunk.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.