Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i hate the look of the UGLY brownish DLRs. i have my fogs(aftermarket but still KIA) tapped to my corner lights.
I have switchbacks coming and I want to get rid of the Ugly DLRs.
I just pull the e-brake up one click for now. i dont want HIDs(yet), and i know the DLRs are the same as the brights. how can a kill my DLRs? or switch to a nicer color output? HELP!

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
i hate the look of the UGLY brownish DLRs. i have my fogs(aftermarket but still KIA) tapped to my corner lights.
I have switchbacks coming and I want to get rid of the Ugly DLRs.
I just pull the e-brake up one click for now. i dont want HIDs(yet), and i know the DLRs are the same as the brights. how can a kill my DLRs? or switch to a nicer color output? HELP!
I'm thinking your talking about the DRL's? Daytime Running Lights.

You can install the aftermarket performance bulbs that have a blue tint to them for your highbeams.

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
Or just pull the fuse if you hate them that much.

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
The fuse or the relay?!?!?!?
It's a 15A fuse, IIRC.

I don't know how much DRL's really increase safety. In Canada it's the law to have them. In the US it's the law not to mess with it if you have it. But whatever. I wouldn't mess with them but that's me.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I certainly notice incoming cars with lights on then with them off. Notice more though the cars with a burnt out light...

·
Registered
708 Posts
face palm and 1 click ebrake.. either unhook the bulb .. pull the fuse.. or just wait for you switch backs or get the clear version of the bulb...

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Just pull the fuse. Even one click on the ebrake can make the linings rub in the drum part of the disc rear brakes.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's a 15A fuse, IIRC.

I don't know how much DRL's really increase safety. In Canada it's the law to have them. In the US it's the law not to mess with it if you have it. But whatever. I wouldn't mess with them but that's me.

Currently my Fogs are working as my DRLs.
But i want the Real DRLs to go away.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Unplug the DRL module. Tada.

Doesn't one-clicking the e-brake cause the warning chime to sound after a while? Does on some models we have... can't recall the Forte specifically and there is simply no way I'm going to try it on my car. Nuh-uh.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm sorry, and maybe I'm just missing something here, but why are you pulling the e-brake up one notch? Taking a wild guess, I suppose it disables the DRLs, but that just wouldn't make sense to me.

You know what though, I actually wanted DRLs, and was kind of bummed that the Forte didn't have them.

·
Registered
144 Posts
The DRL's remind me of a pale yellow lantern, so I pulled the fuse and always have my park lights on for some noticeability and good looks, and headlights when needed obviously.

·
Registered
54 Posts

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Chris, that looks interesting. I really want to check that out, see if it changes the temperature of the DRLs. I find myself keeping my headlights on all the time to avoid using those terrible lamps that are in there.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yeah same as me. I might buy them and try them out.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
^^^The only problem I see with those LEDs is that you may lose the use of your high beams. As these will not be nearly as bright as the stock bulbs.

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Hmm you're right, Jaime... I didn't realize these were also a part of the high beam. I guess HID conversion is really the only way then?

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
HID is just as bad... From what I hear you won't be able to flash on coming drivers with your high beams due to the fact that they need time to warm up. I am looking at getting these:

Luminics USA - Luminics Headlight Bulbs

I will be using either of the whites.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts