Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any ideas on whether there will be any changes on the 2022 Forte GT?

Want to buy a 2021 GT2 in the next week or so, but I'm just wonder if I should wait a few months to see what the 2022 brings. I'd hate to be disappointed if they have better wheels or something. Or more importantly make a change in the engine specs or even offer a newer engine like the Hyundai N's coming out are going to have.

I don't see anything drastic changing, and the sites I've seen are mostly just click bait sites that look like they were made by a bit. But, you know that works especially since I rarely have any good luck lol.

Thanks!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Anyone have any ideas on whether there will be any changes on the 2022 Forte GT?

Want to buy a 2021 GT2 in the next week or so, but I'm just wonder if I should wait a few months to see what the 2022 brings. I'd hate to be disappointed if they have better wheels or something. Or more importantly make a change in the engine specs or even offer a newer engine like the Hyundai N's coming out are going to have.

I don't see anything drastic changing, and the sites I've seen are mostly just click bait sites that look like they were made by a bit. But, you know that works especially since I rarely have any good luck lol.

Thanks!
I doubt that the 2022 will add a 275hp/289tq version lol...Maybe down the line..2023/25? but not '22.
There MIGHT Be some changes to the appearance

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
183 Posts
I would think KIA would do the newer "slipstream" 1.6 turbo for 2022.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
It wasn't that long ago that seeing a kia let you know you were looking at a 'new' car that cost $10,000 and would likely not make it to the end of the block. Now I replaced to bmw's for 2 kia's. TImes have changed...
It wasn't that long ago...LOL! I remember looking at BRAND NEW LOADED Buick Lesabres on the lot for $5,500.00...you know, back when the dinosaurs were roaming the Earth. 😁

·
Registered
80 Posts
It wasn't that long ago...LOL! I remember looking at BRAND NEW LOADED Buick Lesabres on the lot for $5,500.00...you know, back when the dinosaurs were roaming the Earth. 😁
Kia needs to come out with a pickup, something like totally radical in design, Prerunner look’n!

·
Registered
80 Posts
EXACTLY!!!!

$40K-$60K for a domestic truck...WTH?!?!
Thanks BlueStang, over priced is the correct wording! Trucks in Canada are up to $80,000 for a full equipped model... Oh I forgot about the 13%sales tax in Ontario... Oh and the $5,000 gas guzzler tax as well; yes they call it gas guzzler tax... for real dude! Oh yah it’s going to cost aboot $3800 or more for insurance per year... that’s if you have a clean driving record. Thanks for correcting me dude!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Correction! Smartstream, not slipstream

That is interesting because the 2022 Elantra has non-turbo version of that engine in the standard and high option models, while the Elantra Sport gets the same 1.6T Gamma from the 2019-Up Veloster and 2020-Up Elantra Sport, N-Line and Forte GT.

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
183 Posts
That is interesting because the 2022 Elantra has non-turbo version of that engine in the standard and high option models, while the Elantra Sport gets the same 1.6T Gamma from the 2019-Up Veloster and 2020-Up Elantra Sport, N-Line and Forte GT.
The K5/Sonata have the 1.6 turbo cvvd.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just got back from one of my local Kia dealers to see about getting a GT2 in Deep Sea Blue. They'd have to source it from another dealership about 100 miles/1.5 hrs away.

No discount offered, only the $1750 + $500 factory rebates for a total of $25.4k OTD cash price.

I walked out telling them I'd have to think hard about it as other dealers show about a $1000 to $1100 dealer discount on their sites plus rebates.

Car shopping sucks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just got back from one of my local Kia dealers to see about getting a GT2 in Deep Sea Blue. They'd have to source it from another dealership about 100 miles/1.5 hrs away.

No discount offered, only the $1750 + $500 factory rebates for a total of $25.4k OTD cash price.

I walked out telling them I'd have to think hard about it as other dealers show about a $1000 to $1100 dealer discount on their sites plus rebates.

Car shopping sucks!
25.4 isn't horrible by any means, average around me was 25 otd. Shopped around and got 24.7 with a premium paint color. tax rate of about 8%

1 - 20 of 44 Posts