Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of getting 18" rims and tires and using them in the warm months and my stock wheels in cold months. I have a 2010 SX Koup. Please tell me what you think about these rims and if they will look good? Also, if I dont get the TPMS is my indicator going to constantly beep or just be illuminated? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

2,213 Posts
Eh....the design is nice, I'm not to fond of the color, but that's just me. What you should do about the tpms...put them in the new rims since you'll be using those rims more, and just regular tire valves in the winter rims and just deal with the tpms light for a few months. That's what I did

·
Registered
45 Posts
TireRack.com has a feature that will let you view the wheels on your car. They will also sell the wheels & tires mounted & balanced free. TPS are available also fro most makes & models.

IDK if they sell those exact wheels though.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Yes it just illuminates...it doesn't beep or anything....and it's so small you can barely see it...It's not like the dummy lights of the past that seemed to take up the whole dashboard..

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They want $930 for these rims with Yokohama Tires mounted balanced and shipped. What do you guys think? Any advice on other sets under $1000 that might be better? Advice is appreciated....

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Honestly, I have a silver koup too and I was worried that silver wheels would be too bright and not rly match the cars silver so I went a different way. I think a gunmetal wheel would look cool or maybe go black like a lot of people. They'll be plenty of sets for $1000 and under just take a look at tirerack.com and other sites and go with what appeals to u. I've learned that it's all about what makes U happy and not other peoples opinions of what u do. Try it, it worked out for me

·
Registered
425 Posts
For a set of Enkei wheels that is a good price, I say do it.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I'd buy the if they were 17s and didn't have the simulated fasteners. Don't really want an 18, but think the silver split spokes (or what ever you call that style) would look great on a silver Koup.

Honestly, I have a silver koup too and I was worried that silver wheels would be too bright and not rly match the cars silver so I went a different way... ...I've learned that it's all about what makes U happy and not other peoples opinions of what u do...
I've got a silver Koup as well (if it's not totalled)and don't think I would have anything but a silver wheel. Only exception being machined with black accents. That last part is dead on though!

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Yea I have Enkei EKM3's in hyper silver and they look amazing on my silver koup! Theyre silver yes but have a darker look to them and looks awesome with the dark tint and smoked tails. Just rly nice. Bought them without tires for about $750

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
How much are they charging for the tires? I've never found a set of Yokohamas that last. (which Yokos?)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They are coming mounted and balanced with Yokohama W4S tires. They will cost me $930 shipped. Im just scared ill get them and wont like them since I cant see them next to the car first. Any other advice?

PS. I can get a set of the R package 18" wheels and tires from a guy in Canada for like $1200 shipped. Should I do that instead?

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
How can u get those?? Can I get them too??? I rly rly want those wheels!! Yes do them instead lol IMO those r sick

·
Registered
973 Posts
wow if you can get a set of tsw wheels with tires for 1200 that is a steal. tsw's are amazing forged wheels, and, being that, pretty expensive.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts