Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ARK DT-S exaust found on youtube on a 2.4l koup Im a bit disappointed of the sound but here it is !

for now I still like my mendrel band 2 1/4 exaust with a SS dynomax muffler and a simple resonator+ its a lot more quiet than this +800$ exaust that sound raspy a little!

·
Registered
103 Posts
it sounds good withOUT the test pipe (the beginning of the vid on the hoist)
WITH the test pipe it sounds like a friggin highschool kids fart can exhaust, what a way to ruin the koup :(

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
it sounds good withOUT the test pipe (the beginning of the vid on the hoist)
WITH the test pipe it sounds like a friggin highschool kids fart can exhaust, what a way to ruin the koup :(
What's wrong with high schoolers??? Lol jk

But seriously you are right bout the test pipe thing. Its sounds like a civic rice rocket... with the test pipe on.. FAIL. I'd rather go TK anyday.

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Yupp, not a fan of that test pipe AT ALL!!! It sounded good until then...

·
Registered
695 Posts
That was a bit disappointing, all of that shiny metal and to produce such a poor quality sound. Way to much hype to be let down again. :(

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
wow... THAT WAS DISAPPOINTING... I was expecting it to sound more like this exhaust...

·
Registered
17 Posts
true about the test pipe, it sounds a lot worse and a lot louder. belive me, i know. i got pulled over 3 times the first night i had it. lol. but no tickets. wheeew. but the power is incredible. my friend has a brand new 4 door STI and off the line he smokes me, but on fwy going about 70 and downshifting to 3rd, all the way to about 125-130 he couldnt catch me. and thats a freaking 300hp 300tq car. so believe me, sounds a little like a rice rocket, but well worth the power behind that rocket.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Dont like it at all. I can do the same thing on tk.exhaust and was redlining at 7800rpm taking mazda speed 3 on a 40mph roll.

·
Registered
585 Posts
true about the test pipe, it sounds a lot worse and a lot louder. belive me, i know. i got pulled over 3 times the first night i had it. lol. but no tickets. wheeew. but the power is incredible. my friend has a brand new 4 door STI and off the line he smokes me, but on fwy going about 70 and downshifting to 3rd, all the way to about 125-130 he couldnt catch me. and thats a freaking 300hp 300tq car. so believe me, sounds a little like a rice rocket, but well worth the power behind that rocket.
I find it hard to believe that a 300HP STI couldn't catch your Forte.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Now I am sure that I will be able to custom make my own kit that sounds better than this.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Ark exhaust beats TK anyday!!! Looks better, made better, sounds better (without the test pipe) can bet it's a little more powerful! Plus an online video doesn't do an exhaust justice, you have to listen to it in person. If you heard a koup with an Ark dt-s exhaust flying by you, You would think it's an evo or sti if you didn't see the car. Ark = no joke!

·
Registered
427 Posts
That gen sounds like a v8 and the koup sounds like a rice rocket
Dude you drive an EX. Your koup would sound more like a rice rocket with any exhaust system than an SX 2.4 would anyday pal!

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
This exhaust kicks ass. The sound is extremely deep and refined in person, sounds nothing like the vids posted. And this is without the HFC added on yet!!!! Feels strong and sounds deep at low to mid-range RPMs, and at higher RPMS, it will GO!

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
But if they made an exhaust for the Koup that made it sound like the Genesis Coupe vid, I'd buy it too!!!!!!!

·
Registered
916 Posts
I still prefer my Solo exhaust with high flow cat, sounds cleaner, smoother and lower than that one, and HP increase is equivalent, plus people think its factory due to fit and finish.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I still prefer my Solo exhaust with high flow cat, sounds cleaner, smoother and lower than that one, and HP increase is equivalent, plus people think its factory due to fit and finish.
How much did your set up run you SX?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts