Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My understanding is that the Forte motor (at least the 2.4) has variable valve timing similar to Honda's VTEC. Does anyone know at what RPM the motor crosses over to the more radical valve timing?

·
Registered
453 Posts
both 2.0 and 2.4 have it and i think its around 3200-3500rpm ill go for a ride and get back with you

·
Registered
746 Posts
its cvvt (constant variable valve timing). it's on exhaust valve side. advances or retards the valve timing of the intake and exhaust valve in accordance with the ECM.

it varies pending load & rpm's.

·
Registered
348 Posts
There are actually TWO systems here, and you may be confusing them.

The "woosh" you get at 4800ish is the intake runners changing as there is a variable intake system. The CVVT is nearly impossible to 'feel' as it is not a 'on/off' as Toyota and Honda have done in the past, it is indeed a constantly variable system. So no 'surge'.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It does feel like a little surge all the way to 6500 but I could only really here it with a cone type intake. I wonder if it would be worth finding a way to control the intake runners to switch at like 4000 or so???

·
Registered
511 Posts
its cvvt (constant variable valve timing). it's on exhaust valve side. advances or retards the valve timing of the intake and exhaust valve in accordance with the ECM.

According to Kia, the 2.0 has continuously variable valve timing (CVVT); the 2.4 has DUAL continuously variable valve timing (CVVT). I assume this means both exhaust and intake.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gripphard

ileader wrote: According to Kia, the 2.0 has continuously variable valve timing (CVVT); the 2.4 has DUAL continuously variable valve timing (CVVT). I assume this means both exhaust and intake.
Good one forgot to mention that. Some brochures & web articles have wrote that both the 2.0 & 2.4 are Dual CVVT.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gripphard

Good one forgot to mention that. Some brochures & web articles have wrote that both the 2.0 & 2.4 are Dual CVVT.
According to the factory engine data on Kia Global Tech the 2.0 has single CVVT and the 2.4 has the dual CVVT.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,845 Posts
According to the factory engine data on Kia Global Tech the 2.0 has single CVVT and the 2.4 has the dual CVVT.

Please Kiatech save us...obviously this^^^ isn't clear enough and we all know Kia Global Tech wouldn't know...LoL!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts