Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all! So I've already posted since I had some car issues, but I figured I ought to come and introduce myself!

I got my car a month ago yesterday from Kia Atlanta South! They were super awesome guys. I had been planning on an '11 Sportage because my Mom's had a few and I loved hers...that and the new body upgrade? Gorgeous! Anyways, I originally went to Kia of Union City...terrible experience and gave up for a while on getting a new car. Thennnnn the mechanic who was supposed to tune up and replace the timing belt in my old car (2003 Dodge Neon SE...you had to roll up the windows manually. But it was the perfect car for an 18 y/o) got it into a car accident [long story]. I had just graduated and had planned on just riding the Neon til it died, but after that...I decided it was just a heap of problems and to get a new car.

I am a big fan of Kia vehicles as a whole, my mom has had a lot of luck. 2000 Kia Sportage, 2008 Kia Sportage, and now 2011 Kia Sorento. I hadn't heard a lot about the Forte, but the salesman told me to check it out. I'm glad I did.

This is kinda' lame, and idk if y'all will understand it...but literally, my lil' blue Forte Koup was sitting over in the back. There's this show I watch, Doctor Who, and he has this time-machine sort of thing called a Tardis? Anyways, it's basically the same exact color as Corsa Blue. It was like a light was shining down on it and I knew I had to get it.

Having a car that has power locks, power windows...let alone blue tooth capable?! It doesn't take much to please me when it comes to a car, and I'm in love with my Koup! I missed it so badly I had it in the shop and had to drive the loaner Chevy Cobalt. Got it back this morning and took it to get washed and waxed.

Not sure if I'm going to do any mods. Most likely, if I do, it'll be cosmetic stuff or audio-related.

Wow, what a novel! Anyways! Thanks for reading :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I got some friends who are fans of Doctor Who so I know what you're talking about lol. Anyway hope you enjoy being here and expect PMs soon about a local meet. We are thinking of 4th of July. Grill out, chill at the lake, and blow stuff up. Hope to meet you soon. Cheers.

·
Registered
227 Posts
welcome! that car looks sexy!!!

i just recently got my Koup..but in bright silver! and loving it
the only thing though if you read my thread...i curbed one of the rear wheels soo sad lol

auto or manual? im guessing auto?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@DevilsX - Oooh, which lake?? I usually end up at Lake Lanier for the 4th, but I had been debating and driving home to PA for the week. Will be looking forward to deetz!

@Simon - AHH, my number one fear! I'm so scared of curbing it or hitting a pothole. The potholes here in ATL have nothing on the ones home in PA... but they still scare me! Definitely an automatic, though I had thought of getting a manual and learning...buttttt I drive in rush hour traffic a lot, so that'd be a hot mess.

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
My friend's house is right by Lake Lanier so that's where we plan on doing this. If you're here then definitely join us. Rush hour in atlanta does suck.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Congrats! I owned my for about a month and a half an I'm loving it also! I also went with the spoiler option ;).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.