Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 267 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! I just bought a new 2011 Forte Koup SX Loaded Auto a week ago. I came from a 2004 Pontiac GTO 6spd manual. I was looking for something that got decent gas mileage, had okay power (nothing like the GOAT, though), and was loaded with as many features as I could get. I narrowed my search down to the Honda Civic EX-L and the SX Koup.

Are there any get togethers for these cars around here, or meetups? It'd be neat to see what others have done to their cars. Me, personally, I plan to get my windows tinted (happening this weekend) and get a powered sub added to the trunk, and wired to the factory NAV (although I have no clue how to do this).

Some pictures are below, even though I'm sure you've already seen many of them before...

Oh, and my name is Joshua, but all my friends call me Cookie (short for Cookie Monster). I'll be getting my custom plate transferred over from my GTO (CM0NSTR).

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
Pm me your number.

·
Registered
36 Posts
forte in atl

hey man i was also wondering if there were and forte owners in atl on this forum. I live in gwinnett i have a sedan had it for 9 months now ive got tinted windows 18in halo rims crome accents inside and out just put some audi strip lights on the front and just put my new grill in its a mesh crome grill that they have on ebay bitch was expensive. Im going to be posting new pics soon but hit me up if you ever have a get together with any other members i also want to see what mods people have done.

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
I'm in gwinnett too. Like I said above, pm me your numbers. I know people who will allow us to meet on their property :)

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
As of current, I am in touch with about 2-3 Forte owners in the area, although I have seen at least 10 Fortes driving around at any given time. Worst case scenario we could team up with folks from TN/SC/FL and have our own meet sometime soon. In the mean time, I'm close with Kinetic Motorsports (the team responsible for racing the Koups for Kia) and they have offered us their shop as a meeting place. If i can get a good number of folks in the area interested enough, I will arrange a date so we can all drive up to the shop and meet up. I'm usually on the forum at least once a day so I'll be able to respond to PM fairly quickly.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Whats up yall I live in gainesville ga. I am one of the people that devilsx is in contact with. I drive a 2010 forte sedan sx 6 speed man trans. I am cool with meeting up just give me a week or so notice. Its hard to make plans when you have kids lol. Also to the other guy that has a sedan is yours a sx? Just let me know what and when yall want to do this. If any of you want my # just pm me or talk to devilsx and get my number from him, its all good. I get on here about once or twice a week. Hope to meet all of you soon.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That sounds great! I'd be up for a meetup at the shop to see what kind of things are done to the cars. I probably won't go past a CAI for performance mods, but it'd be neat to see what others have done. I saw they made a turbo kit for the SX's. Ridiculous!

·
Registered
49 Posts
They do make a turbo kit but remember this, the clutch, transmission, flywheel, and the engine is not rated for that much extra hp. Something is bound to go wrong. My sx is stock, not because of me its my wifes car. She doesn't want me touching it lol. So I guess it will remain stock until I can buy one for myself lol. Just hit me up when yall want to meet up, I love meeting fellow kia owners.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh, of course! I wouldn't put a turbo in this car, I just thought it was funny that they even offered it. The Koup SX doesn't come to mind when I think about turboing a car. Having a GTO before this, the turbo wouldn"t really be that impressive.

This is what I came from:

I might do the CAI, because of the better gas mileage.

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
Speaking of which, I was behind a white Genesis Coupe Turbo today. It was siiick! But yeah, you guys should pick a Monday or Friday and ask off work so we can get up to Kinetic and chill.

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
I might do the CAI, because of the better gas mileage.
Despite popular belief and marketing slogans, it doesn't improve mileage. Of all those who know what a CAI is and actually install one, do you think any of them will be driving NORMAL? No. Even if they DID, MPG increase is negligible at best, but any gain will be negated by how much you love flooring it. Point is moot :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hah, then I'll save $250. I'm definitely adding a sub to the car, the question is more of a when. I also have been reading about how you can change out the stock speakers, and just run an amp from the stock navigation headunit to the 4 aftermarket speakers.

I don't really want to change the stock speakers, but at the same time, I like driving on the interstate with the sunroof open, and can't really hear the speakers well, and sure as hell can't hear the voice of the navigation lady.

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
Hah, then I'll save $250. I'm definitely adding a sub to the car, the question is more of a when. I also have been reading about how you can change out the stock speakers, and just run an amp from the stock navigation headunit to the 4 aftermarket speakers.

I don't really want to change the stock speakers, but at the same time, I like driving on the interstate with the sunroof open, and can't really hear the speakers well, and sure as hell can't hear the voice of the navigation lady.
Buy a sunroof deflector.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey Zeke, it was great meeting you this past weekend. Definitely had fun at the LAN party. Wish you would have told me that I needed to bring a fan! It was hot!

Got my tint done on Saturday. Once it finishes curing and I can get my car washed, I'll be posting up new pictures.

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
It was great meeting you as well, sorry I left ya to fend for yourself there ;) Can't wait to see the tint, let me know when you're free to meet at Kinetic or anywhere else. We'll take some pics together.

·
Registered
49 Posts
If you are looking for subs I got the hook up. It is a guy I have known for a long time. His shop used to be at pendergrass flea market until it burned. The name of his company is chunky monkey music. He is by far the cheapest and he does great work. I got three tv's and a radio installed in my old honda for $750 out the door. And I got a set of 20 inch wheels for that honda and tires for $1200. His name is brandon, his number is 706-338-3840. Tell him brandon with the honda on 20's told you to call. Here are pics of my honda. The tv's in the head rest look like crap because I tried to do something with them and I screwed them all up lol. Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Wheel

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Rim Alloy wheel

Land vehicle Car Vehicle Vehicle door Motor vehicle

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Cool, Brandon, that sounds great! It'll probably be a little while for me, gotta spread out the mods. Perhaps xmas present or 30th bday present. Gotta build a new PC first. That's the priority. Still runnin' a Single Core!

So, is there anyone else out there with a Forte besides Brandon, Zeke and I in Atlanta?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Well I was in Atlanta twice the weekend before memorial day, does that count? Still trying to figure out how I made it through there twice without a scratch, and got smashed all to hell the back home the next day.

Car looks great. Love the blue, but wanted silver for my Koup. The blue might end up on the truck I'm rebuilding (with a little silver as well). Want your spoiler, trying to get it added to mine if they don't total it.

What tint % did you get? I'd like to see some pics when you get a chance.

1 - 20 of 267 Posts