Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! I just bought a new 2011 Forte Koup SX Loaded Auto a week ago. I came from a 2004 Pontiac GTO 6spd manual. I was looking for something that got decent gas mileage, had okay power (nothing like the GOAT, though), and was loaded with as many features as I could get. I narrowed my search down to the Honda Civic EX-L and the SX Koup.

Are there any get togethers for these cars around here, or meetups? It'd be neat to see what others have done to their cars. Me, personally, I plan to get my windows tinted (happening this weekend) and get a powered sub added to the trunk, and wired to the factory NAV (although I have no clue how to do this).

Some pictures are below, even though I'm sure you've already seen many of them before...

Oh, and my name is Joshua, but all my friends call me Cookie (short for Cookie Monster). I'll be getting my custom plate transferred over from my GTO (CM0NSTR).

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That sounds great! I'd be up for a meetup at the shop to see what kind of things are done to the cars. I probably won't go past a CAI for performance mods, but it'd be neat to see what others have done. I saw they made a turbo kit for the SX's. Ridiculous!

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh, of course! I wouldn't put a turbo in this car, I just thought it was funny that they even offered it. The Koup SX doesn't come to mind when I think about turboing a car. Having a GTO before this, the turbo wouldn"t really be that impressive.

This is what I came from:

I might do the CAI, because of the better gas mileage.

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hah, then I'll save $250. I'm definitely adding a sub to the car, the question is more of a when. I also have been reading about how you can change out the stock speakers, and just run an amp from the stock navigation headunit to the 4 aftermarket speakers.

I don't really want to change the stock speakers, but at the same time, I like driving on the interstate with the sunroof open, and can't really hear the speakers well, and sure as hell can't hear the voice of the navigation lady.

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey Zeke, it was great meeting you this past weekend. Definitely had fun at the LAN party. Wish you would have told me that I needed to bring a fan! It was hot!

Got my tint done on Saturday. Once it finishes curing and I can get my car washed, I'll be posting up new pictures.

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Cool, Brandon, that sounds great! It'll probably be a little while for me, gotta spread out the mods. Perhaps xmas present or 30th bday present. Gotta build a new PC first. That's the priority. Still runnin' a Single Core!

So, is there anyone else out there with a Forte besides Brandon, Zeke and I in Atlanta?

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I'd rather not have the spoiler, but not bad enough to where I want to spend the $100's to get it taken off and the holes filled in and painted. I had the spoiler taken off of the GTO when it was lowered, and it made it more streamlined.

From this:

To this:

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Josh,

I'll have more pics on Sunday, I believe. I'll be able to wash my car then and snap a couple of pictures. I got 35% up front, and 20% in the rear quarters and back. I almost pulled the trigger for the Llumar tint for the front which is clear, but reduces the heat into the car, but it was an extra $150, and it might have messed up with the sensor located at the bottom of the dash.

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Whoops! I see I never put up those pics like I said. Here they are. I got the windows tinted and the easy badges taken off the back for that nice clean look. I also got my tag transferred over.

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
The one on the 4th sounds like fun. What day are you going to head up to his place? It is BYOB, I am guessing, but does he have a place to crash for the evening? It's been a while since I've been to a waterpark, but it sounds like it could be fun. Fireworks sound good, too. Where are you getting them at? The ones that are now legal in GA kind of suck as I found out last year.

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Let me ask him about crashing there. But our fireworks are from SC lol. None of that pussy sparklers. We got mortars that will piss a lot of people off. He even built a mortar stand haha. It's gonna be awesome.
Nice. I bought the $20 kit at Kroger once, just for the hell of it. What a waste of money!

oh we're still not sure if we should do it Sunday or Monday yet, depending how people feel about being hungover at work. I'll confirm with him and let you know on facebook.
Shoot for Sunday, as I'd much rather do it then, and chill on Monday. If it is on Monday, I'm not sure how long I could stay, or even go, you know, with the whole responsibilities thing on Monday (like getting up at 6am Tues morning).

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Hey dude. My guy was pretty sweet. His name is Walter Mercedes and Jason Savoy, and they work at the Headquarters KIA off peachtree industrial. They gave me a decent deal, and pretty good money on my trade in. Tell them Joshua McCollum sent ya.

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
So, I'm chillin up in Minnesota this week, so the Koup is parked at the airport outside, soaking up the elements. I was able to find a sweet parking spot on the end, so hopefully no dings! At least I'll keep the miles off of it this week.

Last night I had about 3 pints of Guiness, an 8-beer sampling plate at a local brewery up here, a tequila shot, and some kind of Oat Stout. Pretty good night, and for some reason, I had no hangover today, so awesome!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.