Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i followed that amazing write up of how to do the audi style strip and im totally in love with the result. i did it this morning b4 work and now im finally home to post pics of right after and night pictures. the process took me about an hour and a half and it was very simple. here are some pics. if i HAD an actual camera, id take actual night time pics but i dont and i tried with my phone and it was a big no go. lol you'll just have to take my word for it that its so sick. my fav mod so far!

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yeah..did you buy the Leds Kit only cause thats the only Thing I`m seeing right now...If so did you have to open the Light Housing to put the in? Isn`t that going to screw your warranty ? Was it simple to take apart the light housing?
too much question right? hope for answers..:p cheers

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As of now, the led strip is under the headlight. It comes with a 3m strip and wiring and I popped the light out and put it underneathe it and wired it up and put the light back in. I will be getting it actually in the headlight but I'm ordering a whole new set of headlights and the company I order from will Put them in.I'm not comfortable messing with the headlight housing and breaking it apart. And as far as a kit, alll it was is 2 strips with led lights. Hope that answers your questions

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ok thnx for the info.. Im thinking of buying this also but dont want to mess with opening that headlight.. The pace you put them, do you see them clearly of you have to really look that there is something in front of the headlight?

Also what kind of h eadlights are you ordering and from which site? I`m looking also for new headlights that are already with leds build in also looking for Tailslights that are smoked..

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
You cannot see the strip at all because its underneathe the headlight housing. As far as the headlight goes, I'm going thrun koreanautoimports.com and they order the oem headlight housing and istall each strip INSIDE the heaslight for 40usd per headlight(so $80) and then they send them. It is more expensive then this but labor here is 5hrs to instal at 60-100 dollars per hour so its actually cheaper that way. Each headlight is 120 so 240 for the housings and 80 for the labor is way cheaper than taking it somewhere here.

Also, they order the headlights. They're not found on their site. They order and then install and then ship.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Finally!

well i finally found 1) the PERFECT led strip. its sooooo bright. out of all the ones i ordered these are the best. only problem is, the actual strip is too thick to put under the headlight and have the headlight fit in the car, so i decided to go on top just to see what it'd look like. well, it came out great. i reall really like the way it looks. more so than when i had them under the headlight. here are some pics... lemme know what you think. the first couple of pictures are comparing the 2 strips. the passenger side is the new and drivers side is the older one. and then the last 2 are the final result.

Attachments

·
Registered
696 Posts
Those new strips you got look waaaay better! Amazing job man, they look great above the headlight. Any pics with the hood up to see where they go exactly??

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
sighhh they look so nice. :) lol you already kno that though... i told ya already. lol

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
here are the pictures. theyre just ontop of the headlight and at the edge. as you can see, you dont notice them when the hood is down because the lights dont stick out. but if you opent the hood, you can see them. theyre also clear instead of a black strip so it makes it less noticeable

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
And incase y'all are curious, yes you CAN see them during the day. Went to run errands b4 work and you can totally see them lit on cars and in the store windows. Not extremely bright, but bright nevertheless. And at night, you can alsmot get away with just using them. They give off about 10ft of light from the car. This is the site I got them from. Just click on the picture of the strips on their home page. And I purchased the 19 inch white strip. I think it was like $36. Oznium.com

·
Registered
453 Posts
looks alot better on top. might have to order me some:D

add a pic with the headlights and leds on

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok here you go. these are the best i could get with the lights on. my lights are too bright at night to get it any clearer haha when in person, you can see the two seperate. in the pics, they look blended but in person, you can def see the difference

Attachments

·
Registered
486 Posts
wow you might make me change mine

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
theyre the 19" strips from oznium.com. they arent blocked by 3's like some are and theyre bright as hell compared to the two i purchased from ebay. i measured about a 10 foot projection of light with just the strips on and of coarse more with both the headlights and strips.

·
Registered
519 Posts
what happen to the ones from ebay? u said u ordered

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Theyre in the second set of pics and they're the left headlight in pictures 1-3. I ordered a total of 3 new strips after purchasing the first ones. I got links from certain forums of which ones ppl liked. The most common were the A5 set and as you can see in the forst 3 pics, they're pretty bright. The other set ppl talked about were from oznium.com. they were a tad more pricey but ppl seemed to like them. I got all 3 in all at different times and I tried each one out and decided the ozniums were by far the brightest. Only problem is the strip is fairly thick and the headlight will not go back once the strip is installed so I decided to try out the top of the headlight and loved it and so I kept it

1 - 20 of 67 Posts